Android Central

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
This kinda sucks tbh, I just deleted the app to reinstall only to discover that it is no more. I wish AC much luck but I doubt I will be exploring the website much.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, the people that can do the firings are the people that are responsible for the changes. AC is under corporate control now. None of the mods, ambassadors, or writers had any say on this. Many forum sites have the exact format as AC now, so it's obvious they're all under the same corporate umbrella.

I'm not a fan of the new design, but that bothers me far less than any possible changes to the breadth or depth of the content. I'm afraid I'm seeing some of this now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to put a plug in here for my favorite (and in my opinion the best) Android/tech journalist out there, JR Raphael. He has his own independent newsletter called Android Intelligence (https://www.androidintel.net/) that's sent via email, and for a subscription fee, you can also access his podcast and a nice forum with a lot of friendly knowledgeable people. JR is always insightful, digging far deeper than the typical superficial takes that many sites these days lazily provide, and he does it in a funny and often irreverent manner. He's really my go-to for real Android news these days.:)

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Android Central App?

I'm assuming that something must be wrong with my AC app. There hasn't been any new posts for over 90 days. Anyone else seeing this?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually I don't miss the articles since I mainly preferred reading the forums anyway. It is kind of weird the app hasn't been revised to just go directly to the forums.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually I don't miss the articles since I mainly preferred reading the forums anyway. It is kind of weird the app hasn't been revised to just go directly to the forums.
I believe it did go to the forums but now it's been pulled from play store, you still have Android Central Forums app or Tapatalk

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

you can always create a shortcut to the forums from the mobile browser and placed it on screen :)

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
At least I finally know why the articles haven't been refreshed for months. Like others had said I was, for some time, more interested in the questions, comments and answers in the forum section. I've always used only the app so I'll keep it until I upgrade.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
At least I finally know why the articles haven't been refreshed for months. Like others had said I was, for some time, more interested in the questions, comments and answers in the forum section. I've always used only the app so I'll keep it until I upgrade.

I just happened to come across this thread. I had a widget on my 21U and was wondering why on my 22U the widget news feed was blank. So I guess I should log in with the browser and make a link shortcut on my home screen? I used to have tapatalk way back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz