12-04-2012 10:37 AM
106 123 ...
tools
    I have been reading this website daily for well over a year now. Very good info. However, the new website is bloated with so much crap I can't hardly take it. It is just painful to wait for all the flash, twitter interfaces and such to load. I even tried it in a fresh IE browser and experienced the same thing. No my computer is running fine and clean. I understand that you have to pay bills to provide information, but wow do you have to make it painful to visit?
    06-17-2011 05:30 PM
    I have been reading this website daily for well over a year now. Very good info. However, the new website is bloated with so much crap I can't hardly take it. It is just painful to wait for all the flash, twitter interfaces and such to load. I even tried it in a fresh IE browser and experienced the same thing. No my computer is running fine and clean. I understand that you have to pay bills to provide information, but wow do you have to make it painful to visit?
    Hi Parout,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear you're not having an optimal experience. Are you referring to the forums, blog, or both? Based on what you're describing, I'm assuming your referring to the blog (Twitter feed and flash). If it's the forums, if you could list the specific "bloat" you're referring to that would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Cory
    06-17-2011 06:05 PM
    Hi Parout,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear you're not having an optimal experience. Are you referring to the forums, blog, or both? Based on what you're describing, I'm assuming your referring to the blog (Twitter feed and flash). If it's the forums, if you could list the specific "bloat" you're referring to that would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Cory
    Primarily the home page
    06-18-2011 12:54 PM
    My desktop PC can't open the Forums page for the site. I am able to render the home page, but when I click the Forums link it fails to load completely. This started happening a couple of hours ago. Has anything changed today that might have caused this, and what is the best way to fix it?
    08-05-2011 07:14 PM
    Hi Major --- Let me check on this.
    08-05-2011 07:17 PM
    I cannot replicate this. So, I need to gather a little more info.

My desktop PC
    Which browser?
    Have you cleared cache/cookies?

can't open the Forums page for the site.
    Which of the following is true:

1) Clicking the forums button (between Reviews & Videos) in the header at the top of the page?
    2) Clicking the link in the Navbar (e.g., the one above this thread)?
    3) Logged in or not logged in?

I am able to render the home page
    When you say home page - are you referring to the blog?
    08-05-2011 07:29 PM
    The browser in question is IE9. I have since switched to Chrome and it's working on that browser. However, it is still not working in IE9. Yesterday, when I would click the Forums button in the header, the Forums page would launch, but not finish rendering (i.e. I can't scroll or click on anything). Today, not even the home page will open completely. I get a pop up saying that www.androidcentral.com is not responding.

I will play around with IE9's settings to see if I can get it to work, but in a worst case scenario I'll just use Chrome to visit the site. Thanks for the response.
    08-06-2011 12:18 PM
    It's probably just Ie I had the same problem with Ie. It does that and then M$ will release an update and will stop for a couple of days and start back not loading web pages. My advice to you is stick with mozilla or Chrome. Ie is nowhere near as fast or stable as either and Ie has always been more vunerable to hacks and stuff.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08-06-2011 12:27 PM
    yeah same thingis happening with IE9 and the forums. Just hanging and freezing and finally loading after a minute. Started doing this for a day now. So far using Firefox to cruise here or changing to mobile on IE9 to make it work.
    08-06-2011 06:50 PM
    Let me check into what we need to do to become Microsoft compliant
    08-06-2011 07:29 PM
    I apologize if this is not the place to post this, however since the problem is about my having a difficult time accessing the forum page, I felt I could ask the question here.. Up until a couple of days ago when I "clicked" to go to this page. It almost always connected immediately.. Since then it takes quite a long time to load, as well as when I select a thread it takes "forever" to load... etc.. Is it the "server" at the forum, something I need to "download" to correct, or do I have something set incorrectly? Thanks for your help in advance as not being a techno wizard guru geek I did not even know where to ask!!
    holtcg likes this.
    08-07-2011 10:06 AM
    Can you guys using IE9 try it again please?
    08-07-2011 10:37 AM
    I have had the same issue. Usually ends up with Internet Explorer becoming unresponsive every time I try to go to forums. Other pages on androidcentral work fine.

I found that I only have this issue with IE9. Forums work fine with Firefox 3.6. I did try adjusting IE9's security settings to no avail.
    08-07-2011 11:30 AM
    Hiya Cory --

Same thing is happening here with ie9 also.

I dont have the problem through my Droid X browser or through my iPad... but since about when this thread started I get a freeze upon loading the forums section of the site. Its like a freeze of the whole page and it might have something to do with the way the ads are loading up top but I do not experience this on the main page at all.

It happens everytime I move from one forum page to another (another forum, back to the top, open a single msg, etc.).

I havent seen this on any other site.

PS - Yeah its still happening.
    08-07-2011 01:04 PM
    Right now, I believe there are some issues with regional access. Hopefully, they will be fixed by Monday.
    08-07-2011 01:05 PM
    Over the last few days the forum pages are very slow to load. I've timed 'em at about 30 seconds each page. This happens every time I click on anything in the forums that brings up another page.

I'm running IE9

Also tried Safari - same thing.

Also tried Chrome - better, but same thing

I think it has to do with the content at the bottom of each page. Don't remember seeing that there before (footer?)

Anyway, if I'm the only one I'm gonna start troubleshooting my system. If not, I'll wait it out.

Thanks,

P.S. I did send a note to the website admin - haven't heard yet. It is the weekend .
    I should add, a workaround is to use the mobile website: http://m.androidcentral.com.

-Frank
    08-07-2011 01:14 PM
    It was really slow for me 2 days ago. Loading fine now.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    08-07-2011 01:16 PM
    I know our forum administrator Cory Streater has been constantly bringing new ideas and improvements to the users. It is possible some thing he has done to satisfy the user and also accomodiate advertising ads, etc has slowed access times down a bit. I'm not positive on this so don't take this too seriously until you hear from the man himself.

Otherwise, AC just like any other forum sees its days where forum traffic is at high volume for reasons like a new device release or specific update that draws in the users in return putting a strain on the servers during those time periods.

A simple look at the bottom of the main Android Forums section showing users online will help tell the story if the lag or slow response time is due to a sudden increase in online activity.
    FrankXS likes this.
    08-07-2011 01:33 PM
    I know our forum administrator Cory Streater has been constantly bringing new ideas and improvements to the users. It is possible some thing he has done to satisfy the user and also accomodiate advertising ads, etc has slowed access times down a bit. I'm not positive on this so don't take this too seriously until you hear from the man himself.

Otherwise, AC just like any other forum sees its days where forum traffic is at high volume for reasons like a new device release or specific update that draws in the users in return putting a strain on the servers during those time periods.

A simple look at the bottom of the main Android Forums section showing users online will help tell the story if the lag or slow response time is due to a sudden increase in online activity.
    Thanks Paul. Sorry, I never even knew about this "meta" forum . Not until someone moved my post here. LOL.

Anyway, I now see a larger thread under this one on the same topic. Sorry about that... I don't think it's a local browser issue though. I have the same issue on all three browsers I've tried (safari, chrome, IE9). Also on different machines.

Again, thanks.

-Frank
    08-07-2011 02:03 PM
    It still does freeze after it loads, then it says "waiting a response from android central". Then the facebook, twitter, google+ load.
    08-07-2011 07:13 PM
    Cory - I've been away for the weekend and came back this evening - IE9 here as well - and every Forum page takes forever (30 - 60 sec) to load. I think it's the new footer - it's not rendering correctly there is a large gap between Signup - How to and Tags row and the Facebook/Twitter stuff.

I blame Facebook personally
    08-07-2011 08:49 PM
    Hey guys - I was able to replicate what you were seeing earlier and disabled the footer until it's resolved. Sorry it was causing your browser problems earlier, but thanks for pointing it out.
    08-08-2011 02:29 AM
    Stumbled on this thread by accident and thankfully I did. Reset IE twice to no avail. Good to know it wasn't on my end. Been driving me crazy all weekend lol.

Gracias Cory for looking into the issue.

Sent from my Droid
    08-08-2011 02:35 AM
    Thanks Cory. All set here too!
    08-08-2011 08:03 AM
    Thanks for fixing it! It was rather bothersome to have to use two different browsers.
    08-08-2011 03:17 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD