06-04-2010 07:44 PM
45 12
tools
    My login issues are fixed using chrome, but still no notifications...bummed
    05-15-2010 05:55 AM
    I'm getting a real weird one. I can logon, close the site and come back, still logged on. Check.

But anywhere in the forums, if I use the"back" button in Firefox, I get logged out on the page I'm returning to. Forward button back to where I was, and I'm still logged out.

Wait, it gets weirder. If I hit the refresh button, I'm logged in again.

Edit: Please disregard report. Just checked, and this is happening on some other websites too. Must be a local Firefox issue for me, probably a recently updated extension.

Later Edit: In case it helps anyone else: culprit appears to be the 3/30/10 update of Firefox extension "Invisible Hand". Other users of this extension are reporting the same issue.
    05-16-2010 07:56 AM
    I've made another tweak to the login system here - it should now be fully divorced from the front page login system (except that your usernames and passwords are synced).

Please try clearing you cookies and seeing if your forum login works now. Very sorry for the hassles!
    05-18-2010 11:30 AM
    Ok, so my closed post here <- may be unrelated to this thread (or maybe it is, please, educate me), but since I've been redirected here. I will post it here...

My website and not A/C, has suddenly stopped remembering my login and PW credentials (I don't log into A/C from my phone ever) . I've gone through all the settings again, thinking I may have missed something and cannot find a fix for it. Cookies? Saved PW field? Something else?

I still maintain it's something I did during one of those "sitting there with nothing to do" moments....

Can anyone guide me on resolving this issue. I'm on my website at least 25 times per day.

MM
    05-18-2010 02:12 PM
    Sadly,

It appears as though your thread was closed for the wrong reason. Your post is referencing issues logging into another site and having the information remembered while this thread is in reference to log in related issues to Android Central. Hopefully the thread can be opened again, and someone will help find a solution for remembering your password on device.
    05-18-2010 05:08 PM
    That's what I tried to tell 'em. :rolleyes: My PM is so far unanswered, and I'm afraid my post will be a little more un-noticed here, especially since "that" problem is fixed.....

MM
    05-19-2010 07:22 AM
    Sadly,

It appears as though your thread was closed for the wrong reason. Your post is referencing issues logging into another site and having the information remembered while this thread is in reference to log in related issues to Android Central. Hopefully the thread can be opened again, and someone will help find a solution for remembering your password on device.
    That's what I tried to tell 'em. :rolleyes: My PM is so far unanswered, and I'm afraid my post will be a little more un-noticed here, especially since "that" problem is fixed.....

MM
    Guys, the mod team reads and filters through thousands of posts each day. Sometimes (actually rarely) posts, such as the one described above, get closed because they are interpreted incorrectly. If this happens, please send myself or the person that closed it a PM, and we will take care of it at our earliest opportunity.

- Cory
    05-19-2010 08:07 AM
    Guys, the mod team reads and filters through thousands of posts each day. Sometimes (actually rarely) posts, such as the one described above, get closed because they are interpreted incorrectly. If this happens, please send myself or the person that closed it a PM, and we will take care of it at our earliest opportunity.

- Cory
    Could not have said it better myself. Also something to keep in mind, we (Cory and myself) volunteer to do this on our own time and personally I deal with the forums over at TiPb and write. Now throw in 30 or so PM's a day and things don't happen over night and some things take a higher priority.

That being said, at some point today it will get looked at.
    05-19-2010 08:39 AM
    Gentlemen, my post wasn't meant to offend. Sorry if you interpreted it that way. I too have been guilty of prematurely closing a topic or two on my sites (now, site). Spreading myself too thin was my cause.

I personally appreciate the time and effort put into such a busy site, and genuinely thanku for your efforts..

PS, Cory unlocked the post for me, thanku!
    MM
    05-19-2010 02:01 PM
    I am still having logging issues.
    Every few hrs now it's saying welcome on the home screen but then I have to log out and log back in to post on the forums.
    It is only here and not on other website of the smartphone group.
    05-21-2010 11:55 AM
    I am still having logging issues.
    Every few hrs now it's saying welcome on the home screen but then I have to log out and log back in to post on the forums.
    It is only here and not on other website of the smartphone group.
    We can not recreate the issue and no one else is suffering from it as well (at least not reporting it). Try a different browser and see if that solves your issues.
    05-21-2010 12:20 PM
    We can not recreate the issue and no one else is suffering from it as well (at least not reporting it). Try a different browser and see if that solves your issues.
    I am trying.
    I have two machines both doing the same thing.
    I will try in IE or FF.

Sorry to be a PITA.
    05-21-2010 12:36 PM
    I am trying.
    I have two machines both doing the same thing.
    I will try in IE or FF.

Sorry to be a PITA.
    Not a PITA, just have no answer for you. If a ton of people had the same issue it may be easier to find the cause.
    05-21-2010 12:57 PM
    For whatever it's worth I've had no problems on any device I'm using. Computer or mobile now staying logged in etc. I also use a mix of IE,FF, and Chrome and none of them seem to be having an issue.
    05-21-2010 01:21 PM
    Can anyone please tell me why I can log into the forum using the log in right above the "Quick Links", but no where else?

I can't log in at the home page and cannot log in through any other log in page. This is also preventing me from changing my password because it has me log in through the home page to do so.

And yep, I've cleared cookies and cache. I've also tried in FireFox as well as IE. Same results with both and I have never logged into or even looked at Android Central in IE.

Any thoughts?

Brandon
    05-30-2010 08:41 PM
    Well I am having issues and tried yet another machine that has never been to this site (my father's) that didn't work.
    I tried another machine at work and still same issue.
    I guess it's a thing I will put up with for a bit.
    05-31-2010 07:17 PM
    Well I am having issues and tried yet another machine that has never been to this site (my father's) that didn't work.
    I tried another machine at work and still same issue.
    I guess it's a thing I will put up with for a bit.
    I will try to find some answers for anyone having the issue still. Just seems to be a "few" of you.
    05-31-2010 09:15 PM
    That would be much appreciated.

Brandon
    06-01-2010 06:07 PM
    Thanks....
    BTW I am staying logged in when logging in via the forums in the upper right of the page.
    It's when I log in from the main page that I get the problem.
    06-03-2010 03:51 PM
    just an update.....still logged in doing the method above....

Thanks to all that helped!
    06-04-2010 07:44 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD