01-12-2012 12:36 PM
69 123
tools
    It seems each time I visit this site I have to re-login. Even checking the remember me button doesn't help.

Can it be something more reasonable like 7 days?
    02-24-2011 06:49 AM
    Ello, I keep having problems staying signed in on these forums. (Not sure if this is the best spot to put this) Every time i go into a different forum or refresh the page my account gets logged out automatically and I have to re sign in to post something. I have no clue what could be wrong because I have my Firefox setting set to delete the cookies after i close it (If I didn't have that set it wouldn't sign me in at all) Anyone know how to fix it possibly?
    09-17-2011 10:47 AM
    Typically, AC has a time-out limit for inactivity. Not sure exactly, but around 10 minutes or so, maybe a little longer. After that, it requires you to log in again.

Happens to me a lot.

Also, check your browser for time-out settings. I used to see that in IE a couple years ago, but honestly, I havent check browser settings in so long...........

I use Firefox also, and usually after 10-15 minutes, I have to log in again.
    09-17-2011 11:16 AM
    I have been noticing the same thing lately and though it was the device I have been using as of late. Lol
    09-17-2011 01:34 PM
    Just looking to post about this myself. For the last week or so the forums are no longer keeping me signed in between visits. Using Google Chrome. I'm going to say it's the site and not us.
    john_v likes this.
    09-17-2011 05:01 PM
    Anybody?
    09-19-2011 10:36 PM
    This happens to me all the time, it's driving me nuts! sometimes it seems my login is saved but if I refresh or go to a different page, or try to post, I discover I'm logged out.

VERY annoying.

09-20-2011 10:49 AM
    Looking into it for you. They are working on some backend stuff to enhance the login process which may create temporary side affects such as this. Will keep you posted.
    09-20-2011 03:02 PM
    OK I'm still having issues with the forum signing me out. It's something that started happening about 2 weeks ago. I just started testing this issue with Firefox to see if it was Chrome causing the issue.

With all the recent site changes I thought maybe it was somehow related to it but seems there are only 2 of us currently having the issue.

Ubuntu 11.04
    09-22-2011 10:32 PM
    I run stock Firefox with default settings from installation. I get booted after about 15+ minutes inactivity more or less. Expected. A default Win7 installation. No "ad blocker apps/pop ups"

Things seem normal to me.
    09-23-2011 06:19 AM
    I run stock Firefox with default settings from installation. I get booted after about 15+ minutes inactivity more or less. Expected. A default Win7 installation. No "ad blocker apps/pop ups"

Things seem normal to me.
    I use the most recent version of FF on Windows 7, XP and Vista, and, I never have to log back into AC. Even after a reboot of my computer I'll still be logged in. This computer was off all night and I turned it on today and was logged in.

I use pin tabs in FF though and have multiple forums pinned which I just refresh when I want to see what's new, which may account for it.

Also, I just noticed that when I go to the AC main page, it says Login at the top, so, I'm not logged in. But, if I then click on the Forums link, I'm logged in.
    09-23-2011 08:33 AM
    For me the issue seems to be related to Chrome sadly. Firefox is keeping me logged in properly.
    09-23-2011 07:38 PM
    Lame. FF is the way to go anyway. Nothing has been able to pull me away from it. About six months ago I tested out a plethora of browsers, and, nothing could dethrone FF. Opera, Chrome, I dunno, I forget what else, but, I didn't really care for any of the other ones. And, I love the Pin Tabs and Tab Groups. I dunno if any of the other browsers do that yet, but, it's sweet!!
    09-23-2011 08:05 PM
    OK I'm still having issues with the forum signing me out. It's something that started happening about 2 weeks ago. I just started testing this issue with Firefox to see if it was Chrome causing the issue.

With all the recent site changes I thought maybe it was somehow related to it but seems there are only 2 of us currently having the issue.

Ubuntu 11.04
    I've been noticing these issues as well...and like you that it was just me. Happens with CrackBerry and teamuscellular.com as well. Using Chrome, but it also seems to happen on my Merge as well. Solved that problem by purchasing Tapatalk with an Amazon credit.

I've tried going back to FF, but to me it just seems slower than Chrome...not sure why.
    09-23-2011 10:00 PM
    I'm noticing it as well.... one minute I'm signed in, then I go to a different page and I'm asked to sign in again.

I moved this thread to AC Meta so Cory can see it.
    09-23-2011 10:06 PM
    Hey guys,

Guess what? I've been having the same problem!

There's been a lot of troubleshooting going on over the last week, and I believe we've figured out what the issue is and have resolved it. That said, the key operative is *think* so if it happens again please sound off. Chances are I already know about it, but it's always good/important to hear additional feedback.

Cyber: thanks for moving it over here where I could see it.

And a big thanks to all of you for your patience over the last week. I know how annoying those types of things can be.

Cory
    Cyber Warrior likes this.
    09-24-2011 08:15 AM
    Does this affect the mobile sight I'm constinly having to resign in in my bionic no issues with tapatalk just mobile sight.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-24-2011 08:35 AM
    Yeah both the mobile site and the full site.
    moosc likes this.
    09-24-2011 08:43 AM
    So question is AC run as a two part sight? I long into main home page every things fine click forums and I have to log in. Its like this on both mobile and non mobile.
    Yeah both the mobile site and the full site.

09-28-2011 03:48 PM
    No, the site is the same in terms of the repository for user authentication credentials. There's currently a project underway to enhance the user experience so they only see one screen for authentication across this and all other SPE sites. Currently you see one for the forums and another for the blog. The one for the forums is going away.
    10-04-2011 10:36 AM
    So this will fix the signing into forums every time I close my browser? I pretty much stay on tapatalk because I never have to keep signing in.

10-04-2011 10:24 PM
    Does anyone else constantly being prompt to sign in almost every time when visiting AC? This happen to me quite often after leaving the forum. I never logged out of my account, and I make sure to always put a check inside the checkbox... if for any reason I have to sign into my account. Smh! :-/
    10-14-2011 04:23 PM
    Does anyone else constantly being prompt to sign in almost every time when visiting AC? This happen to me quite often after leaving the forum. I never logged out of my account, and I make sure to always put a check inside the checkbox... if for any reason I have tosign into my account. Smh! :-/
    Yeah. Couple of times a day usually. On IE9.

-Frank
    10-14-2011 04:46 PM
    Yeah. Couple of times a day usually. On IE9.

-Frank
    I hope the forum Administrator(s) have noticed this problem as well. And are working to correct this issue.
    10-16-2011 10:28 AM
    Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

There's a project underway to provide seamless authentication between the blog and the forums. There's an even larger project that will enable the community to use their existing accounts across all Mobile Nation's sites. If you're a member of one or more sister sites you'll enjoy the benefit of not having to create/remember multiple usernames.

There may be a few technical hiccups along the way, but the main one you're experiencing now should be resolved in the coming days.

In the meantime, if you can use the blog page (vs. the forums page) to login it should resolve the issue you described above: http://www.androidcentral.com/user?destination=/

When doing so, you will be logging into both the blog and the forums and should clear up the problem you've described above.

It might also help if you clear your cookies and cache before you do so.

As always, please don't hesitate to speak up and raise any issues you run into.

Cory
    10-16-2011 11:57 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD