New Skin for the forums - your feedback essential!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The image is now added to the first post. He was referring to that image, not the way the forums look now.

never used multi quote or new tips.

Can't see attachment

Would like a one button "find my threads" function...

It's in all the search pull-downs, including the pull-downs for threads and sub-forums.

One thing that I do miss though is the way the forum hierarchy used to be displayed, circa two weeks ago. At the top of the thread/forum was the "directory structure" if you will, and it had a little image next to the current forum you were in. On the forums I frequent, I usually use that to refresh the forum.

I can really make do without, it just seemed a weird change at the time.

Can you elaborate? I haven't removed anything - at least on purpose. Send me a PM.

Reactions: David Lundblad

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I can see clearly now. Well, I do think that is a bit cleaner and does as you intend (focuses your attention on what is important).

I don't see much cause to eliminate the other buttons as they've not been made so much smaller and would likely be unobtrusive. Not going to cry about it.

However, I STRONGLY suggest you return the Reply and Quote buttons for each post to the lower right corner. This is always where I look for these buttons on any forum and it feels unnatural to reach off to the left to reply. I would much prefer to see these returned to the lower right corner with "Reply" taking the spot to the far right.
Thanks and Love are much less important and could go to the left.

I understand that the thread "Reply" buttons found at the bottom of a page are often to the left, but to me if feels more natural to have these keys to the right.

The new font size is nice, but personally I'm a sans serif kind of guy. I can learn to love serifs if necessary.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Is the default font in bold also or does it just seem that way because of the use of a larger font size? Not sure if I'm a fan of the larger font in general...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cory - yes, the image is now available in the first post. You know what they say...one does not simply upload an image onto vbulletin...

Epic fail etc

I like it, not only because it appears I'm featured in it (unless this is some jedi mind trick), but because it looks clean yet still maintains readability.

Look at RootzWiki. Love the site, but for me, it's just not that easy to read.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
doesnt matter to me....just want to get past this thread so i can go read the forum i want to instead of wasting my time on a single feature...there are other things than multi-quote that need handled first.

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the new look in the attachment - it's cleaner and easy to read, IMO.

Please keep multi-quote. I've never used news tip and I'm not even sure what it does.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Might be a good idea to start a poll to keep MQ, News Tip, Both, Neither, etc.

And also a poll for the New Look v. Old Look generally.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc