gbhil!! Its time to go there again!!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying to explain why you shouldn't use a task killer but if you do here is the proper way to do it via your old article...but people refuse to listen. They won't listen to me so I figure, if you do a new article or even re-post the old one maybe they'll listen to you. There were 5 new threads started today alone about task killers and I'm sure is the reason why Cory created the option to merge your new thread with a similar existing one. Something has to be done though.

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
lol. I hear ya, but can't blame the users on this one. We have Verizon and Sprint to blame for task manager confusion. They (and many of their authorized resellers/agents) are pre-installing a task manager and telling new buyers that you have to use one to control the battery life.

When you combine that with ex-blackberry users' fears of letting things run in the background, or ex-iPhone users not understanding how multi-tasking really works, you get a group of people new to the platform that end up killing off things that need to run and making things worse. Just one more reason I don't trust carriers any further than i can throw them.

But you're right. We need to re-visit the task manager mess again for the benefit of all the folks that just joined us. I'll holler at Phil, Jeremy and Cory and we'll figure something out.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've merged & closed threads, pointed people to Jerry's articles & the FAQ's, and given my own opinion, but it's a topic that has & will continue to come up. The other thing I can do is create a sticky in each forum - specific to task managers - and embed Jerry's article as the content.

If you agree, I will make it happen.

Cory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21