I've been trying to explain why you shouldn't use a task killer but if you do here is the proper way to do it via your old article...but people refuse to listen. They won't listen to me so I figure, if you do a new article or even re-post the old one maybe they'll listen to you. There were 5 new threads started today alone about task killers and I'm sure is the reason why Cory created the option to merge your new thread with a similar existing one. Something has to be done though.
    06-06-2010 09:41 PM
    lol. I hear ya, but can't blame the users on this one. We have Verizon and Sprint to blame for task manager confusion. They (and many of their authorized resellers/agents) are pre-installing a task manager and telling new buyers that you have to use one to control the battery life.

When you combine that with ex-blackberry users' fears of letting things run in the background, or ex-iPhone users not understanding how multi-tasking really works, you get a group of people new to the platform that end up killing off things that need to run and making things worse. Just one more reason I don't trust carriers any further than i can throw them.

But you're right. We need to re-visit the task manager mess again for the benefit of all the folks that just joined us. I'll holler at Phil, Jeremy and Cory and we'll figure something out.
    06-06-2010 10:15 PM
    I've merged & closed threads, pointed people to Jerry's articles & the FAQ's, and given my own opinion, but it's a topic that has & will continue to come up. The other thing I can do is create a sticky in each forum - specific to task managers - and embed Jerry's article as the content.

If you agree, I will make it happen.

Cory
    06-06-2010 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD