Passport Login/Logout Issues

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Logged in this morning from a public PC and haven't been able to log out of the Forums. I click Log Out and get the standard Win message about viewing secure info only and see the Passport log out screen but then it returns me to the Forums with my account still logged in. Have done this several times in a row and nothing. I closed all windows and came back to AC.com and it didn't show me logged in any more, but when I click on the Forums my account is loaded again. Never asks me to log in and I know I checked NOT to keep me logged in. Anyone else having issues?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem with IE from different computers?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Need a way to unmerge accounts from Passport as well, since I didn't know I'd have a whole new user name and the one I used to log in since forever wouldn't work when I input it into the form - forcing me to press the create an account in hopes it would auto-detect it and merge it. Now I have basically two accounts one with the user name I created well over a year ago and one with a user name I... certainly didn't.

Also having the logout issues on IE10, but I guess that's good since I'd never have guessed what my new early Christmas present user name was without this "issue," and coincidentally the Metro and Desktop Browsers tend to use separate cookies for the same sites, it seems.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem with IE from different computers?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Yes. Posting from my Vista machine with IE9. Previous one was Win7 and IE8. Only difference now is when I close all IE windows and come back to AC I'm still logged in at the main page.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Posting from my Vista machine with IE9. Previous one was Win7 and IE8. Only difference now is when I close all IE windows and come back to AC I'm still logged in at the main page.

Strange, must be some issue with IE. Try it with another browser, to eliminate it being a problem with your account.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have another browser on a pc, but I tested using the standard android internet app on my SG2 and chrome on my N7. No issues.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have another browser on a pc, but I tested using the standard android internet app on my SG2 and chrome on my N7. No issues.

Weird. If it were just your PC, I think we'd be able to say it's your PC, but, since you had an issue with a public PC, I dunno. Maybe it's an IE issue. :confused:

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
AndroidCntral forums not logging in

I have checked and rechecked my log in ID and password, logged out on my home computer but the app refuses to recognize my log in from my phone.

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Need a way to unmerge accounts from Passport as well, since I didn't know I'd have a whole new user name and the one I used to log in since forever wouldn't work when I input it into the form - forcing me to press the create an account in hopes it would auto-detect it and merge it. Now I have basically two accounts one with the user name I created well over a year ago and one with a user name I... certainly didn't.

Email Michelle at accounts@mobilenations.com and she will get it sorted out for you.

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Do you know if you block third-party cookies on the desktop browser? When you logout it occurs on mobilenations.com, but we load an image from androidcentral.com that initiates the cookie reset. If third party cookies are blocked, that would not occur.

firstness

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Forum logs me out randomly

I'm having trouble staying logged into the forums. When I click a link in a thread subscription email I will often be logged out of the site, requiring me to log in again in order to post a reply or view attachments (causing me to lose pagination as it goes back to the start of the thread).

The same thing happens at the wpcentral forums.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Forum logs me out randomly

Same over at webosnation.com. Probably something to do with the new login procedure. I'm not a fan of it either, to be blunt.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: AndroidCntral forums not logging in

try reinstalling or clearing Data in app info

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Those were going to be my next things to try just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes I forget that there are spaces in between my username and this happens

Make sure you are putting it in correctly, you have no idea how many times I do this on the mobile app, lmao

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae