'0 New' counter (w/ drop-down arrow) ? next to 'Settings' ? isn't working, any longer.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Since Monday morning, 14 Jan, ET? my '0 New' counter (w/ drop-down arrow) ? upper left of page ? between my avatar & 'Settings' ? is no longer working. Hence it's not showing 'Likes' or 'Thanks' or 'Quoted Posts' ? which of course helps to signal that someones responded to a post you've made, by them liking, thanking or quoting it.

All three, 'Likes' & 'Thanks' & 'Quoted Posts' ... are not appearing after other members' 'Like' or 'Thank' or quote one of my posts.

Problem started immediately after I posted a 'joshing' post about moderator Paul627g's choice of grammar on one of his posts on the Random Social Chit-Chat thread, on the main Samsung Galaxy S3 forum. So I guess I'm hoping that he didn't stoop to disabling my 'Likes' ? 'Thanks' ? 'Quoted Posts' ? '0 New' counter. :rolleyes: For that would be an extraordinarily lame act.

Thanks.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
winmod21,

Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing... that way we can try and recreate the issue, and fix for you?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Problem started immediately after I posted a 'joshing' post about moderator Paul627g's choice of grammar on one of his posts on the Random Social Chit-Chat thread, on the main Samsung Galaxy S3 forum. So I guess I'm hoping that he didn't stoop to disabling my 'Likes' ? 'Thanks' ? 'Quoted Posts' ? '0 New' counter. :rolleyes: For that would be an extraordinarily lame act.

Thanks.
winmod21,

I would be happy to take the blame for your notifications not working properly but that sounds like a software /account related bug that occurred.

Fyi, moderators have no control over disabling anyone's likes /thanks from showing up.

James will see this gets resolved for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
winmod21,

Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing... that way we can try and recreate the issue, and fix for you?
Thanks James. This, tonite, is actually the first time I've ever posted from my phone, and from this phone view, on my GS3, I'm not even seeing the avatar, 0 New, Settings....that's under the user name, whilst viewing AC from a desktop. Hence there's nothing to screenshot, except the black background w/ white text forum threads.

I'll try to log-on tomorrow from a laptop, as I typically do, and always have done.

Thanks again.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
winmod21,

I would be happy to take the blame for your notifications not working properly but that sounds like a software /account related bug that occurred.

Fyi, moderators have no control over disabling anyone's likes /thanks from showing up.
Well that's good and somewhat comforting to hear, considering. :p

[ UPDATE ]: Seems to be working again, now.

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Stopped working again. . .

. . . '0 New' counter drop-down @ left-upper-header, directly below username, immediately right of avatar, has stopped working again.
Thus, although a post I made today has been quoted, the counter still says '0 New', and drop-down list still says '0 Quoted Posts'.

A screenshot would simply show the same thing, that I've just twice explained.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you give me your browser specs? Name, version, etc. This will help us diagnose the problem, as I'm unable to recreate the issue on my end.

Thanks!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi James ? Thanks again for your help!

Firefox
'Firefox is up to date'
'You are currently on the release update channel'

Protocols:
Use SSL 3.0 [checked] Use TLS 1.0 [checked]

================
Also occasionally use:

IE8
Version: 8.0.6001.18702IC

. . . both browsers are (and always have been) running fine; no problems anywhere else; no recent changes have occurred with either browsers.

Thanks again for your quick replies, and efforts to help!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, the '0 New - counter drop-down' thing-a-ma-jig seems to be working again. Over the last several days, it'll be working one day, and then not the next. :confused: But it's working now. So no worries I guess, and thanks again for your attentiveness, prompt replies & customer care. ;)

Are you sure you just don't have any new notifications coming in? :p
Very funny :p , but no, I just happened to be reading a few threads, late last week and into the weekend, where I noticed that some posts I had made had been quoted, and/or thanked/liked, and it caught my attention because the '0 New - counter drop-down' thing-a-ma-jig was still showing '0 New'; over a several day span.

Anyhoo, it seems to be working again now. ;)