BadHead1970

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've only been on this site for a few weeks now, but I have found that spam is at a very noticeable level. Almost every post has at least one quick rich scheme or such like included among the replies. Surely people who do spam should be kicked out of the forum and kept out, at least for a prolonged period of time. It's very annoying. Anyone else agree?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As a moderator of this forum we take great pride in killing off legit spammers. With averages of 20,000 members plus online at any time and the amount of area we have to cover occasionally some slip by. That is where our awesome members come in and report any spam they find to help us out.

Thanks for your concern.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've only been on this site for a few weeks now, but I have found that spam is at a very noticeable level. Almost every post has at least one quick rich scheme or such like included among the replies. Surely people who do spam should be kicked out of the forum and kept out, at least for a prolonged period of time. It's very annoying. Anyone else agree?

What do you mean by spam?
Are users putting 'subliminal' messages in their comments?
Deviously trying to sell products?
Asking for emails address with no reason?
Some users do put files that may lead to well, malware.
But some users put up apk files.
Though I do agree with you.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We're always very diligent in detecting and removing spam ASAP. Our moderation team does a fantastic job, but we realize we can always do better. If you ever spot any spam issues of concern, please feel free to report to me.

In terms of spam on the blogs, we've recently launched some new initiatives there. We've enabled more moderation abilities for our team, and are even 'training' some new tools to catch as much spam immediately (and automatically) as possible.

Thanks for the note, we will keep up the good fight!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance