I know ads are life-blood, but the expandable ads are a pita. Looking at a page when what you are reading suddenly moves. Bah!
    11-28-2013 08:20 AM
    I know ads are life-blood, but the expandable ads are a pita. Looking at a page when what you are reading suddenly moves. Bah!
    I hear ya. I'm not a big fan of them, either.

Can you tell me what the ad is, and how many times a day (or session) you see it?

Thanks!
    11-28-2013 09:10 AM
    I am not 100% (I tended to ignore it, ha!) but i think it was best buy and it happened on every page change.
    11-28-2013 10:07 AM
    I believe there was a Verizon one and a best buy one that does that

Posted via Android Central App
    11-28-2013 10:11 AM
    I believe there was a Verizon one and a best buy one that does that

If you can tell us the number of times you see the ad each day (just once, or over and over again) that'd be helpful!
    James Falconer
    VP Audience Development, Mobile Nations
    11-29-2013 08:00 AM
    If you can tell us the number of times you see the ad each day (just once, or over and over again) that'd be helpful!
    This week I haven't had much chance to visit the site from a PC, mostly mobile. So was just going by memory. At one point it did seem like every visit. But I just went to the site and those ads aren't currently showing.

11-29-2013 12:47 PM
    The Best Buy window shade ad opens every time it comes up in rotation - typically every second or third thread/post that I open. There's no limit to the number of times it opens - I've seen it at least five times in the last seven minutes. You guys have a great site but the window shade ads are really annoying.
    12-05-2013 07:35 PM
    I don't know what's worse...the window shade ads moving things around under me when I'm trying to read or click on something (pretty frustrating to click on a link and have it not be there any more by the time your finger hits the mouse button)...or when I open a forum and it immediately forwards to a blank page not found page (url is http://servedby.flashtalking.com/imp...bTPn16k-gbUoKy

Cut it out!!
    12-06-2013 07:20 AM
    I agree. I come here 10-15 times a day and it has made for a very unpleasurably experience. It's to the point that I don't want to use the forums anymore but I use this sight for my daily Android news fix.
    12-06-2013 11:53 AM
    I don't know what's worse...the window shade ads moving things around under me when I'm trying to read or click on something (pretty frustrating to click on a link and have it not be there any more by the time your finger hits the mouse button)...or when I open a forum and it immediately forwards to a blank page not found page (url is http://servedby.flashtalking.com/imp...bTPn16k-gbUoKy

Cut it out!!
    Sweet mother of God...I'll take the windowshade ads back that merely move the page under you as you read or attempt to click. This crap where it goes to an undisplayable page is worse!! I open a forum, it forwards to the blank page, then I clcik back, and before I can read it forwards again to the blank page. 3-4 times sometimes.
    12-09-2013 08:25 AM
    Trust me, we understand the frustration. We've asked our ad partner not to sell ads like this in the future. We've also asked them to modify the creative, so that it stays expanded once opened.

The unfortunate thing is this campaign is already under contract, so we can't pull it without being in breach.
    James Falconer
    VP Audience Development, Mobile Nations
    XDCX likes this.
    12-09-2013 08:45 AM