Android Forums vs. Android Central - same??

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have bookmarked Android Forums and Android Central Forums in my X. Both shortcuts lead to Android Forums Mobile ... and I can't seem to get a bookmark for Android Central.

I'm assuming the two sites are related, but the content is different and I'd like to get both on my X.

How???

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have bookmarked Android Forums and Android Central Forums in my X. Both shortcuts lead to Android Forums Mobile ... and I can't seem to get a bookmark for Android Central.

I'm assuming the two sites are related, but the content is different and I'd like to get both on my X.

How???

Android Central = forum.androidcentral.com

The other guys = androidforums.com

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I can call up each website on the X browser, but when I bookmark each, both bookmarks are for "the other guys." I can't seem to get a bookmark for Android Central.

Also, when I call up Android Central.com, I get a message that I need to download and install Tapatalk. What is the connection? It's $3. Required to use this forum in mobile format??

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I can call up each website on the X browser, but when I bookmark each, both bookmarks are for "the other guys." I can't seem to get a bookmark for Android Central.

If you edit the bookmark, does it actually say forum.androidcentral.com?

Also, when I call up Android Central.com, I get a message that I need to download and install Tapatalk. What is the connection? It's $3. Required to use this forum in mobile format??

grrr this is the one thing I don't like about the vBulletin Tapatalk plug-in. When you visit the site, you will see that message, if your User-Agent is set to Android (which it is in the default browser). There is absolutely no connection between AC and Tapatalk. We simply added the plug-in at the request of many members that wanted to browse the forums with the Tapatalk application. One way around this is to use Dolphin HD, which allows you to set your User Agent to Desktop.

Seymour324

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Altough annoying you can just view the fourm without tapatalk but clicking "no" or "cancel" i can't remeber which one it is but i did that for a few days before getting tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello again,

I have successfully added a bookmark for both forums (although I like this one the best!) And, once I declined TapaTalk a couple times, it stopped insisting it was required for use of the website. Perhaps you intervened? At any rate, the mobile version of this site is excellent and I check it often during the day. Well done and thank you!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
PS - I think you should "advertise" that you have this terrific mobile version of the forum. It's excellent and very efficient. Also, if it's not an automatic download when the DX accesses the forum site, then some info on how to download the mobile version would be welcome. I was surprised to encounter it, but maybe I've been in the dark all this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance