Please get rid of deceptive ads.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This may be you, or an ad provider, but I really hate ads like the one that I just clicked on that said nothing except "Read Private Messages Now." (or something to that effect).

Any person or company that places an ad that could be mistaken for a forum feature should be banned from advertising through whatever channel they are using for a period of time. This is worse than spam... It is worse than the infomercials that pretend to be real shows... It is almost as bad as those that advertise on a download web site with nothing but a big "Download Now." button. Well, anyway, I guess you can tell that it bugs me. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's the ad provider, not the AC site. It's annoying, but it's also their right to do so. All you have to do is read the back page of Consumer Reports every month to see much more egregious and deceptive ads! What was bugging me more during the holiday season were those dang Verizon and Best Buy windowshade ads.

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I like the ones that say - "Your Phone May Be Infected!" - trying their best to scare up a click. Can only imagine how many poor folks fall for that sorry ploy.

Sent via Cyberspace

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Like Marcus said... any objectionable ads that you find, paste a shot in here. We'll see what we can do on our end to resolve.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463