Hi,

Just in case anyone at AC cares the new HP ads that "jump up" from the bottom of the screen and cover the page I'm trying to read are really annoying. Popup ads of any kind are really annoying but this new cover the screen with an ad thing that seems to be becoming so popular is to the point of being obnoxious and for me anyway, does not make me want to buy the product in fact it turns me off from buying it.

I come here to learn and help others, not read ads that pop up in my face without being asked to display and stop me from doing what I came to a website for. You have a ton of good stuff here, I wish you'd stop ruining it with these. Your content doesn't need to be blocked, it needs to be visible for everyone without this kind of interruption.

Just my 2c worth.

Deb
    01-14-2014 11:03 AM
    ShaggyKids,

Thanks for your input. Although I have nothing to do personally with controlling the ad content I can pass your comments along to Admin.

I know those ads can get very annoying anytime you come upon them on the internet.

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.
    01-14-2014 03:57 PM
    That HP ad is among the worst I have ever seen.
    01-15-2014 07:50 AM
    I understand your frustration! Unfortunately that ad is currently in rotation with an ad partner. Once the run is over we should be free and clear.

We've put pressure on our partners to avoid ads like this if at all possible. Thanks for your understanding!
    James Falconer
    VP Audience Development, Mobile Nations
    01-15-2014 10:20 AM
    Thank you so much for taking this seriously! Hopefully, there will be enough complaints and so will your admin people!
    01-18-2014 04:31 AM
    I understand your frustration! Unfortunately that ad is currently in rotation with an ad partner. Once the run is over we should be free and clear.

We've put pressure on our partners to avoid ads like this if at all possible. Thanks for your understanding!
    I personally would do a paid membership just to avoid stuff like this if it was offered . the HP ad is really driving me crazy and it really takes away from a great website.
    mysticaly4u likes this.
    02-18-2014 08:10 AM