new homepage layout

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I love the new homepage, but hate the adds in the right panel. What's with all the advertising? Please tell me how to disable the adverts. Thanks.:mad:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Moved thread. Advertisements help keep this great forum funded. The banner is new and feedback is always appreciated!

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Look for the little "x" closer in the ads and news headers on the right sidebar. It should be somewhere near the top and persistent at least until you close the browser.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Look for the little "x" closer in the ads and news headers on the right sidebar. It should be somewhere near the top and persistent at least until you close the browser.

I've noticed that the X is only available when you're in the forums section. It's not there on the blog section.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Small feedback : I have noticed for a while that Likes and Thanks received, and I am fairly sure Quoted too, can take a significant time to either reach the New pop down list, or the Likes/Thanked pages. I think they can often appear on those pages before they register as a number in New.
Still the same now. It has been 20-30 minutes I think since I saw a Thank/Like in Tapatalk but its not on the site. Sometimes much longer, like hours.
I would have assumed it's instant, but maybe there's a lag between different AC gateways(?).

No biggie - but I like to open the full website in the evenings and can continue a thread without knowing someone quoted/liked/thanked me earlier.

Has this been noticed before?
Very probably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay