We're tweaking the MOBILE version of the AC Forums - report any issues here!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@All - our tech and design team is busy making style changes to the MOBILE version of the forums. We would appreciate it if you could report any issues right here.

Be sure to include the device you're using, OS version, and browser. If possible, include a screenshot of any issues you spot as well (this is always extremely helpful).

Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
@All - our tech and design team is busy making style changes to the MOBILE version of the forums. We would appreciate it if you could report any issues right here.

Be sure to include the device you're using, OS version, and browser. If possible, include a screenshot of any issues you spot as well (this is always extremely helpful).

Thank you!

To clarify, James: this is in regard to the AC Forums app, correct?

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

snobugg4

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if your changes apply to the AC home page but I noticed a change in the last few days and would like to give feedback.

If I'm in the wrong place, forgive me, but I'm assuming the mobile template you're using here in the forums is similar (or the same) as used there. I used to be able to get a short snippet of the article to expand by selecting the headline then I'd have to hit the jump link to read more (one page load to get short snippets of all the articles).

Now I just get the headlines and when I select one it loads that whole article (page load for each article and have to return back to the main page to see the headlines again and so on). My opinion is that this slows down my news consumption and requires more page loads. The old way was preferable. Just my two cents.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if your changes apply to the AC home page but I noticed a change in the last few days and would like to give feedback.

If I'm in the wrong place, forgive me, but I'm assuming the mobile template you're using here in the forums is similar (or the same) as used there. I used to be able to get a short snippet of the article to expand by selecting the headline then I'd have to hit the jump link to read more (one page load to get short snippets of all the articles).

Now I just get the headlines and when I select one it loads that whole article (page load for each article and have to return back to the main page to see the headlines again and so on). My opinion is that this slows down my news consumption and requires more page loads. The old way was preferable. Just my two cents.

Look for these controls on the homepage:

snippet.png

The one on the left displays stories with image, and a snippet... the second will display headlines only. Sounds to me like you have headlines only selected!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Synycalwon - we've pushed some new code on this... try clearing your cache and scroll to the bottom of the page. You should be able to make the switch now :)

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have some duplicate threads that were created because of the issue recently, how do I get them deleted?

I've already reported them but they still remain.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
After reporting the duplicated threads they've thankfully now been deleted, regards.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar