Can't access Android Central without using VPN!

batman38102

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
First off, let me be clear that Android Central is not blocked in my country and secondly when I try to access Android Central without using VPN it says Error: Connection Refused.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device are you using, and which browser? Are you using wi-fi or mobile data to connect? Does it matter which wi-fi network you use? Have you discussed this with your wireless provider? Can you otherwise access Android Central on your laptop or desktop browser?

batman38102

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Using a Motorola Moto G and CM11 stock Browser. I'm always connected to my home WiFi but not sure if is only for my internet. Will see if I can access Android Central on my desktop browser.

Edit: Tried accessing Android Central through my desktop and the error is same Connection Refused. Any ideas why I'm not allowed to access the website?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think JulyLan means, can you visit other websites with no issues?... or is it just Android Central giving you trouble? You might want to try our other communities as well, to see if you can access!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you try to access AC on your phone using mobile data? Your home router's firewall might be blocking AC for some reason. You could try logging into the router settings from your computer browser (see the router manual for instructions) and adjust the firewall to allow AC to come through.

batman38102

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I think JulyLan means, can you visit other websites with no issues?... or is it just Android Central giving you trouble? You might want to try our other communities as well, to see if you can access!
I can access other websites with no issue. Its only this site that I cant access without using VPN for some reason.

batman38102

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
What happens if you try to access AC on your phone using mobile data? Your home router's firewall might be blocking AC for some reason. You could try logging into the router settings from your computer browser (see the router manual for instructions) and adjust the firewall to allow AC to come through.

Lol I went to firewall settings in my router and turned it off and Android Central still won't load. I contacted my carrier(Zain BH) about this and they said they did NOT block the website. They said it that it may be some server problems for their site(Which I'm wondering if you do?). I'll try accessing the website with my mobile data but I use different carrier for my phone(VIVA BH.

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
It's either blocked by your ISP or it's simply a DNS issue. If you have cleared your browser's temporary files and cookies and adjusted your settings, there may be an issue with the way the network is configured. To correct it, you need to flush and reset the DNS by following the instructions below. You may also need to restart your Wifi modem and/or router when you are not on 3G/4G (sometimes referred to as a power cycle).

• Perform a hard reboot of your phone. The easiest way to do this is to remove the phone's battery. Wait for at least 30 seconds, then replace the battery. The phone will reboot, and upon completing its restart will have an empty DNS cache.
  • Perform a soft reset. While this does not always clear the cache, it is sometimes worth a try. The exact procedure may differ depending on your phone manufacturer, but two methods are common to Android phones. First, try pressing the "Alt" key, the "Shift" key and the "Delete" key at the same time. If nothing happens, try turning the phone off with the "Power" button. Hold down the button for at least two seconds, and select Reset from the menu that pops up.
  • Clear the cache with the browser. Not all Android phone browsers have the capability, but some do. In your browser, select More. Select Settings, and then Clear Cache. Click "OK" to complete the process.

Hope it could help.

batman38102

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
It's either blocked by your ISP or it's simply a DNS issue. If you have cleared your browser's temporary files and cookies and adjusted your settings, there may be an issue with the way the network is configured. To correct it, you need to flush and reset the DNS by following the instructions below. You may also need to restart your Wifi modem and/or router when you are not on 3G/4G (sometimes referred to as a power cycle).

• Perform a hard reboot of your phone. The easiest way to do this is to remove the phone's battery. Wait for at least 30 seconds, then replace the battery. The phone will reboot, and upon completing its restart will have an empty DNS cache.
  • Perform a soft reset. While this does not always clear the cache, it is sometimes worth a try. The exact procedure may differ depending on your phone manufacturer, but two methods are common to Android phones. First, try pressing the "Alt" key, the "Shift" key and the "Delete" key at the same time. If nothing happens, try turning the phone off with the "Power" button. Hold down the button for at least two seconds, and select Reset from the menu that pops up.
  • Clear the cache with the browser. Not all Android phone browsers have the capability, but some do. In your browser, select More. Select Settings, and then Clear Cache. Click "OK" to complete the process.

Hope it could help.
I'm pretty sure its not my ISP blocking the website since a page would have appeared saying This site has been blocked due to violating laws of Bahrain and I have cleared my browsers cache, everything(even used a different browser). I was able to access Android Central until one day it started saying Connection Refused.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

batman38102

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
This thread can be closed now since the website works without VPN now! Hooray! Thank you so much whoever fixed the site issue for me.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800