The speed of this site makes my computer crawl and I'm using a new gaming rig that slows down for almost nothing even the newest games on HD+ resolutions on max.

Please take these full page adds off. It's hurting this site, not helping it. Please consider it. I'm not the only one who has and am complaining. So please do something about it.
    12-11-2014 03:36 AM
    Can you post a screenshot of the ad that is causing the issues on your end?
    James Falconer
    VP Audience Development, Mobile Nations
    12-11-2014 10:04 AM
    I came here to start a thread on this very topic and found this one. As of late this site seems to be overrun with excessive ads.
    Android Capture.jpg
    12-11-2014 12:35 PM
    Plus the format bounces around a few times before finally settling in. (Sorry, I don't know the correct terminology for this)
    12-11-2014 01:02 PM
    The CSS seems to load slowly. (That's just my 30 second analysis of "the correct terminology".)

The alternative would be to require paid membership. I'd rather put up with waiting until the side panels opened. (And I spend a LOT more time here than you do, Cyrilmak, so it bothers me just that much more.) It only takes about 7 seconds for the page to settle on a fast computer. (Which, I admit, makes dead snail racing seem exciting.)
    12-11-2014 02:04 PM
    Thanks for posting that screen. Going to pass along to our team. Much appreciated!
    James Falconer
    12-12-2014 09:15 AM
    @Rukbat - thx for reporting. We are taking a look!
    James Falconer
    12-12-2014 09:19 AM
    I've been meaning to post about this for quite some time.

The site works ok on my desktops and my laptop (Core 2 Duos and an i5), but on my tablet...? I don't bother, any more. Site loaded up so slowly, and behaved so badly, regardless of browser, that I simply stopped visiting the site from my tablet. I never even considered trying it from my phone.

Ironic, considering...

Hmmm... Now that I think of it: I wonder if the reason it works so well on my desktops and laptop is I'm running FF with ABP...?
    12-12-2014 09:31 AM
    Couldn't agree more with the posts about excessive ads. I honestly find myself not visiting as often as the ads are just freaking annoying. More on mobile than the desktop where Ad Blocker Plus works wonders. Really, are you trying to reduce site visits?
    12-26-2014 05:54 PM
    I was looking to post something about it also.
    I was trying to shop android and found it impossible to navigate on my tablet...Scrolling is difficult at best , tried the link for android keyboards, and the site showed one model, and I scrolled down and there was noting else.
    I would assume that Android Central would have more than just one model? However that is all I could find before I gave up.
    This is my 1st tab and I have to say that I will not be returning to this site as it is way too uncomfortable to negotiate.
    I have seen desktop sites less difficult to view than a site supposedly optimized for tabs and phones.
    You will find that I'm a typical user, and people like me do not like spending half our online time waiting for a site to "settle down". We will just go where it is more convenient to shop and surf.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2014 12:13 PM