Can't access forums from home IP

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
For the past couple of days, I've not been able to access the AC forums from my home IP address. I can ping the forum IP with no problem, but HTTP and HTTPS connections are refused. Checked with multiple devices, same result. Connections via 4G are fine.

Have I been banned for some reason?

Posted via Android Central App

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I too have had the same problem. Can only access the forum using my note 4 cellular. I have emailed back and forth with phil Nickinson trying to solve the problem but have not been able to clear it up. He seems to think it's my wifi. But I've not done anything to my wifi. And I've tried connecting on multiple browsers, incognito and multiple devices. Please help! I rely on the forums a lot for info and help on my devices. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted via the Android Central App

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope, still not working for me. Have exchanged a couple of emails with AC staff - they say they're looking into it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

skoenig

Mobile Nations Staff
Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
You're not alone. Some people have reported problems accessing forums from either their phone or their ISP. Oddly I haven't seen someone where both don't work.

We can't an issue here so I've contacted Incapsula who provide endpoints for that domain before reaching our systems as it seems likely, given the distribution of issues that something might be up there.

I"ll post here if I get anything.

For others reaching this because they're experiencing the same issue the following information would be useful:

• General location (town, country)
  • ISP or Mobile
  • IP if known

It's not related to your browsers/equipment - although trying to clear cookies etc is always a good first step - it's something in the network itself.

~Steph

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I was just coming to report the same problem! I can't access the forums on my home wifi (tried on both my Note 4 and iPad air) but I can on my Note's cellular connection. It's been a problem for about a week. I had my iPad at a coffee shop the other day and AC worked there. I have Time Warner for my internet provider if that helps. I tried rebooting my devices and my router and that didn't fix the issue. Other MN sites like Crackberry work fine.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is not a problem your security is blocking the Web page of the forum this can be via your isp or your own security, this us because the forum has links to a Add ware company call Adchoice this means that many security software bans any site with Adchoice on, the main issue is the banner at the top of the forum as it buy passes and add blocking add on's. AVG questioned the site as a risk. It is only the forum at the moment the main page is fine and clear
You will find that there veriouse issues on the forum that are all linked to this

Posted via the Android Central App

skoenig

Mobile Nations Staff
Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your help guys.

In the end an intrepid member in Texas took it upon himself to call incapsula quoting some of the case ids we'd filed whilst he was having the issue and they worked together to get the problem resolved.

~Steph

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1