I started noticing this about a week ago. When browsing Android Central with Firefox on my PC if I click on a thread, read it, then click the "back button" (either using the side button on my mouse or using the back arrow on the browser itself) I don't get returned to the previous page I was viewing.

Example: Suppose I'm looking at the lists of posts within a forum, I click on a thread, read it, then want to go back to the list of threads, Firefox will not take me back to the list of threads. I remains stuck on whatever thread I'm reading. When I attempt to do this using Internet Explorer or Chrome it does work. Also, Firefox's back button works on other internet forums.

What's happening and how can I get Firefox's back button to work an AC again?
    03-07-2015 03:20 PM
    Thank you for reporting!

We've had a few reports of the same issue and are looking into it. If we have any questions we will get back to you here... we're on the case!
    03-09-2015 09:35 AM
    Great!

Don't know if this is relevant or not, but I'll throw it out there--I'm seeing directed advertisements based on my browsing history below the AC banner running across the top of the page and above the user name settings/search box area that I don't remember seeing before. I'm running AdBlock plug-in in conjunction with Firefox.
    03-10-2015 10:10 AM
    May not be the correct way to page back, but works for me. Right click on back arrow, (shows recent history, several pages) click on page you want.
    03-10-2015 10:53 AM
    May not be the correct way to page back, but works for me. Right click on back arrow, (shows recent history, several pages) click on page you want.
    That's a neat workaround. I hope they figure out what's going on and I can go back to the usual method of going back to the previous page.
    03-12-2015 10:58 AM
    For all experiencing this issue... a few things to try:

1) Try waiting a bit for the browser to settle down before hitting the back button. If you wait a bit, see if you're able to use the back button after 10 seconds, 30 seconds, etc... this will give us some clues.

2) Are there any ads you've noticed that load when this error occurs?

3) Is this consistent across all pages? When on your forum profile page for example, have you ever experienced the problem?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
    03-12-2015 11:26 AM
    Works ok on tablet using firefox with desktop view & also app. Only problem is on computer & laptop.
    The back button works ok, the problem is that extra pages are loaded, usually 5 extra when clicking on a link. You can see the pages load - goes "connecting" & "search results" 6 times. (if hit back button 6 times will take you to the correct page, can check history and what page you are on by using right click). Is possible to keep adding different pages (depending on timing up to 6 identical pages by continually clicking on links. I stopped at about 30. clicked back button approx.30 times and went to the page I wanted.
    The banner ad at the top disappears when click on a link but reappears when all extra pages are loaded, could possible be connected.
    Same thing happens (extra pages) on all links I have clicked on, appears to be a problem on all pages.

Edit: now using chrome, the banner ad at top does the same on chrome (disappears, than reappears ). probably, ads not connected to problem with firefox. My memory is not what it used to be, but I don't remember any banner ads at the top prior to this problem.
    03-13-2015 01:13 PM

1) Try waiting a bit for the browser to settle down before hitting the back button. If you wait a bit, see if you're able to use the back button after 10 seconds, 30 seconds, etc... this will give us some clues.
    Tried all three time intervals. Back button did not work.

Ads are already loaded when I attempt to use back button. In other words, there are no ads attempting to load when I get back button failure.

3) Is this consistent across all pages? When on your forum profile page for example, have you ever experienced the problem?
    I just tried a bunch of pages. On my profile page the back button always seems to work. If I go to the very top of the AC page (News....Apps....Devices...How To....etc.) and click on one of those links, then one of the links to an article, the back button sometimes works, but mostly it does not. It's hit or miss. Very strange.
    03-17-2015 01:49 PM
    This problem is still happening in Firefox. What I have noted is that the page appears to load, then reload several more times. Checking the History related to double pressing the back button reveals the page has reloaded (or refreshed) multiple times. I did take a screen shot which shows the page loaded seven times.

Note: I am able to go back to the previous page If I hit the back arrow multiple times.AndroidCentral.jpg
    03-17-2015 10:13 PM
    @PowrDroid @FreudSlipped - thank you! Your feedback is very helpful here, relaying it over to tech. This is a strange issue for sure, thanks for the continued feedback!
    03-18-2015 09:37 AM
    Thank you for reporting!

We've had a few reports of the same issue and are looking into it. If we have any questions we will get back to you here... we're on the case!
    It doesn't work on Safari for Mac or iOS either.

Came here to post about this, it's been driving me insane the past week. It's fine with Chrome or IE. Like Freudslipped said, it looks like the page reloads a bunch of times when you hit back. If you double click at just the perfect speed it will work sometimes.
    03-18-2015 05:44 PM

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
    1) Waiting does nothing.
    2) I have adblock plus installed on Firefox.
    3) It is consistent across the entire site.
    03-18-2015 05:48 PM
    I can confirm the same bug in desktop x86 Firefox. Firefox for Android works fine for me.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    03-18-2015 06:39 PM
    Hey, it seems to be fixed now. Clicking the back button on my mouse when using Firefox on AC returns me to the previous page I was viewing. Not instantly, seems to be a slight lag, but it's not terrible. Thanks for fixing this!
    03-31-2015 10:56 AM