Over the last few weeks it seems that @androidcentral has been tweeting a link to every new story 3-4 times. In the past most stories were tweeted once with some exceptions (major product reviews). This new practice is really junking up my timeline. I understand you are probably looking for more clicks but most people that follow you probably read the article the first time it was tweeted.

Thanks
    04-22-2015 12:50 PM
    Hey there. Thanks for the note. We're testing out a new service for social stuff, and, yes, it's re-promoting important stories.

Without getting into the specific parameters, I can absolutely tell you that it's not spitting them out four times. (At least it's not supposed to — I'm double checking that now.) And while I'm certainly sensitive toward timelines (I'm on Twitter, too, of course) I don't think it's unreasonable to have good content resurfaced for those who might have missed it. (And you'd be surprised how many folks do, in fact, miss it the first time.)

Not making any decisions yet (again, we're just testing something out right now), but I'm certainly open to suggestions. A secondary Twitter feed from us might be one possibility.
    04-22-2015 01:02 PM
    Thanks for the response, Phil. I did look back thru my timeline and it seems like most of the tweets that do appear more than once are in threes. And it doesn't look like every new story either. I just keep the list of users that i follow small so I guess I'm sensitive to the extra noise.

Keep up the good work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2015 02:05 PM
    I don't read twitter enough to have such a personal response, but I remember reading several articles about the advantages of posting the same article at multiple times and how in general users actually like it... though obv finding the right ratio / timing is critical
    05-03-2015 02:33 AM