Annual Supporting Membership

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's possible with this version of vbulletin but make a donate type member ship.

For example, I got to another forum and you can be there and not pay and get all that good stuff but if users want to donate, they can and if they do, they are able to have a larger sig, larger avatar, no 30second post rule, badge in their user display in forums and other things.

I would have no issue donating to a great site that I go to all the time. The other site was like $30/year.

I just don't like the 30 second posting rule. I usually open multiple tabs and go through and read them after.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
True but what if they have more contests? Thats kinda like giving back. The site I go to that has it gives away all sorts of things from minor things to $1200 paintball marker.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup, same with the paintball one I go too.

What about this.

With Annunal Suscribers, you get different contest aside from others that is made for everyone, no 30 second post rule, maybe a badge, bigger picture size maybe.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the other day of something similar. I was thinking of "PREMIUM BADGES" worn by members with a paid subscription.

Premium members would have a premium badge logo place under their names.
Premium members would also have the choice of using a custom title under their "Names"like Advisers, Mods, and Administrators - or leave as default.

Premium members are required to follow the forum rules just like everyone else, and would have access to the private forum as well. I believe this would be a nice supporting contribution to AndroidCentral.

One month - $4.99
Six months package - $19.99

Both payments are recurring and can be opt out of at anytime. Donations can also be given without any attachments {premium badges}.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I see where you guys are coming from and these a some interesting ideas but I highly doubt that they will come to fruition. Due to the ads that are located here and there and also the Android Central Store, there really isn't any need of donations to the site. It is kind of you guys to offer donations to help show your support though.

One thing though. You speak of donations in order to get privileges (ex. bigger sig., bigger avatars etc...) but isn't the purpose of a donation to give without intentions of getting something in return. I think you guys are referring to a subscription type of membership.

Either way, thanks guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084