Now that AC is PC (Pokemon Central)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd try www.androidcentral.com and forums.androidcentral.com. Those are my primary go-to sources, after that I tend to read Google's blogs on Android, security, chrome, etc. Of that's not enough, word on the street is that Mr Mobile has a good YouTube channel for reviews and other stuff.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
There have been about 23 articles written about pokemon go since it was released. Isn't that a little overkill?

Sent from my ATT Note 5 paired with a 42mm Asus Zenwatch 2

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There have been about 23 articles written about pokemon go since it was released. Isn't that a little overkill?

Sent from my ATT Note 5 paired with a 42mm Asus Zenwatch 2
You have the power to ignore them. There is plenty of other things to read and reply to on here. Trust me, it's not all Pokemon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Edit: I feel remiss not giving kudos to Community Manager James Falconer, Moderators, and Ambassadors for that sense of community that keeps me here, in particular their empathy when we feel the need to voice our frustrations and/or critical feedback. IMHO, this is something that is lacking on the blog side of things.

I'd agree with this fully except for the moderators part. Most of the moderators are cool, but have you seen this one called dpham00? He's a little weird.... with a lowercase 'w'.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, this is something that is lacking on the main website/blog side of things.

Seriously though, the blog has really blown up in activity recently - I'm inclined to give a little grace with how busy that team must be (probably my AC bias a little) - but talking to that team, they've all been very reasonable in my experience. So if your experience sucked, I'm definitely sorry to hear that but it may be worth reaching out to whomever you're tangling with offline and getting the record set straight on where you each are coming from. I don't need details of what happened with who, but if there's anything you need from us to help smooth things over, obviously we're available. In my opinion, Android Central as a whole, on both sides of the forums/blog divide are very receptive to feedback about what would make things better for the readers and members. Not going to lie, I have definitely emailed Phil and used the send us a tip tool to rant a couple of times in my time here.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I was going to comment on this as well, SO MUCH POKEMON wow. I don't know if it's just because I grew up just before the Pokemon craze or what but I really don't get it at all (I'm 36, so not "that" old)

I just want to know about the new phones that will be coming out not about this game but hoping all the posts are hype and will die down.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was going to comment on this as well, SO MUCH POKEMON wow. I don't know if it's just because I grew up just before the Pokemon craze or what but I really don't get it at all (I'm 36, so not "that" old)

I just want to know about the new phones that will be coming out not about this game but hoping all the posts are hype and will die down.

The volume will definitely die down. The topics of AC in no small way reflect what readers are reading and commenting about. Hopefully this isn't an industry secret, but a big part of the internet business is engagement. Getting people to like, share, quote, comment on, etc. using twitter, facebook, whatever the other things are - what people are talking about, engaging with that is good.

In two weeks we'll have gone through a few more topics and then we're going to talk about the Note 7, a lot. Hopefully that's not a secret either, they're announcing 8/2. After that dies down, Nexus is going to be announced and Android N will be a real thing and presumable Apple will do something this year... so that's generally how the rest of the year is going to go for topics.

In a large way, I like this topic because the stuff happening outside of tech right now is really, really frustrating. I may be speaking out of turn, but I think the blog may be focusing on a game so much because it's a game and it's something that a whole lot of people are getting into and having fun with. We need more things like that. IMO anyways.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
The volume will definitely die down. The topics of AC in no small way reflect what readers are reading and commenting about. Hopefully this isn't an industry secret, but a big part of the internet business is engagement. Getting people to like, share, quote, comment on, etc. using twitter, facebook, whatever the other things are - what people are talking about, engaging with that is good.

In two weeks we'll have gone through a few more topics and then we're going to talk about the Note 7, a lot. Hopefully that's not a secret either, they're announcing 8/2. After that dies down, Nexus is going to be announced and Android N will be a real thing and presumable Apple will do something this year... so that's generally how the rest of the year is going to go for topics.

In a large way, I like this topic because the stuff happening outside of tech right now is really, really frustrating. I may be speaking out of turn, but I think the blog may be focusing on a game so much because it's a game and it's something that a whole lot of people are getting into and having fun with. We need more things like that. IMO anyways.

I can't wait to see the real release for the Note 7, the new BlackBerry Argon/Alcatel Idol 4S and the new Nexus devices, very anxious to dump this BB Z30 soon.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

This forum includes sections for people to discuss apps and many of them are games. That is why I think these Pokemon game review and write-ups are right at home here.

AC isn't just about the latest phones and devices.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I may be speaking out of turn, but I think the blog may be focusing on a game so much because it's a game and it's something that a whole lot of people are getting into and having fun with. We need more things like that. IMO anyways.

Agreed.. I mean, you look outside the tech world and read what's going on, it's not pretty..
Actually it is pretty miserable. So this is a bit of a distraction, a little bit of fun.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Goodbye Pokemon centeral

I been coming here for over 5 years for new and info on android stuff. Now since this is a pokemon site we must part ways. Pokemon have nothing to do with Android and when i come here and the first 3 our of 4 articles are about pokemon either you have switched formats or the writers are just lazy and are becoming out of touch with tech and need to use this junk as filler. Going back to XDA since i want a site about Android and not pokemon.

Wish all the forum members the best of luck. And the staff the best of luck with your pokemon format.

Edit. I ask anyone who can to delete this account. I cant find out how to do so on here and want this account deleted.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante