How to DELETE my post

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I created my user account on Windows Central, but its valid here too.

I can DELETE a stupid post I've made at Windows Central quickly so I don't embarrass myself. but I can't here in Android Central. I can't DELETE a post here at all.

Can I get help with that please?

Peace. Alan

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Alan! The delete option is only available on desktop site. If you prefer you can report your own post, include an explanation and a Moderator will delete it.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello Alan! The delete option is only available on desktop site. If you prefer you can report your own post, include an explanation and a Moderator will delete it.
I don't understand. I'm always on my Windows 10 laptop using IE11, so I don't follow you. And your advice wouldn't work quick enough to spare me the embarrassment of others having read the dumb post already.

But, Peace. Alan

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. I'm always on my Windows 10 laptop using IE11, so I don't follow you. And your advice wouldn't work quick enough to spare me the embarrassment of others having read the dumb post already.

But, Peace. Alan

Go into edit your post and there is an option to delete there.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

But, Peace. Alan
Do as Kelly Kearns said. Click on edit and then delete.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you are the original poster and it's the first post of a new thread, then you can't delete it. You'll need to report it so the mods can delete it.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Go into edit your post and there is an option to delete there.
Not for me there's not. But the "EDIT" procedure at the Windows Central forums is the same as here and I DO have an option to DELETE the post there at any of their forums. But the option TO DELETE isn't here for me when I select EDIT.
I bet If I create a new account on THIS side it'll work. It HAS to have something to do with my account being created on the other side.

Peace. Alan

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not for me there's not. But the "EDIT" procedure at the Windows Central forums is the same as here and I DO have an option to DELETE the post there at any of their forums. But the option TO DELETE isn't here for me when I select EDIT.
I bet If I create a new account on THIS side it'll work. It HAS to have something to do with my account being created on the other side.

Peace. Alan

See what Laura said above? Is your post you want to delete a post that created a thread?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It hasn't been so far. It's always been a reply.
Y'all sound like your getting a little upset with me, but I'm tellin you there's no DELETE option after I select EDIT.

Peace.Alan
No, don't worry, we are not :) just trying to help you out. If you can't find that option your best choice is editing your post to keep it as blank as possible and report it, so a moderator will delete for you.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
No, don't worry, we are not :) just trying to help you out. If you can't find that option your best choice is editing your post to keep it as blank as possible and report it, so a moderator will delete for you.

Thank you. That's what I do lol. I delete everything I wrote but leave the quote. I guess that has mystified a couple folks :p

Peace. Alan

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you edit?

It's supposed to be there for you to remove posts. The only time it isn't is if you're trying to delete the first post (as if you created a thread). That a mod has to delete.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
If I remember correctly and I'm not at my computer right now, on the desktop there is a box to check that says "delete".
I know what you mean. Its there when I edit a post at WindowsCentral, but not here.

Folks its one of 2 things
Either Android Central sees me coming from a Mobile Hot Spot on my phone and takes me for a mobile device but Windows Central doesn't.
or
All permissions don't transfer over at AC with me because my account is a WC account (basically).

Peace Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Well folks, I've received a PM from one of the participants telling me to just live with it. Something is broke, but.......
Sincerely, Thank y'all for taking so much time on this.

Tomorrow I'm gonna take this same laptop to McDonalds and use their wifi. THAT should proove whether my mobile Hot Spot is making me look mobile or not. That's the last thing I can do. THEN I'll live with it if that's the only option.:p

Thanks again to all.
Peace. Alan

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well folks, I've received a PM from one of the participants telling me to just live with it. Something is broke, but.......
Sincerely, Thank y'all for taking so much time on this.

Tomorrow I'm gonna take this same laptop to McDonalds and use their wifi. THAT should proove whether my mobile Hot Spot is making me look mobile or not. That's the last thing I can do. THEN I'll live with it if that's the only option.:p

Thanks again to all.
Peace. Alan

Ah I see the issue. Click on "Go Advanced" from the edit button. After that you can see the delete post option :).

Attachments

• delete.png
    delete.png
    232.9 KB · Views: 6