I posted a thread in the T-Mobile forum titled "Unlocking Phone" asking about what can a carrier do if you unlock your phone while you're still paying it off on an EIP. There were a couple of replies and I see that I have a quoted post but when I click the link it tells me it's "invalid thread specified". It no longer shows up on "My Threads". It's obviously been deleted, which is fine, but I'm really curious as to why. No PMs from an admin explaining why...it's just gone. I'm not losing sleep over it, but I find it kind of weird there's no explanation for it. If I violated some terms of service, I'd kind of like to know what.
    11-28-2016 06:00 PM
    Moved this thread to the Site Feedback forum. I was able to see that thread -- Aquila, the Moderator Team Leader, had actually responded in that thread first, saying that what you were asking about "is illegal and thus falls under the illegal activities section of the Community Rules & Guidelines." The thread was subsequently deleted, which is why it seems like you never got any explanation. I'll give him a heads up.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    11-29-2016 12:49 AM
    Correct, this falls under the illegal activities section of the Community Rules & Guidelines as it is a violation of the TOS. I thought I responded earlier saying something to that effect. The way I understand it is that it was made legal for customers to unlock their phones with or without permission - and so the carriers have begun granting permission and issuing free unlock codes for all eligible devices, which seems to not include the devices that are currently under a lease/loan programs and on accounts that are delinquent. So similar to how circumventing carrier TOS regarding tethering and other paid services, etc. I got a separate message from another member and have reached out to get some clarification on whether or not our stance has changed on that, as we were informed that Crackberry does things differently.
    B. Diddy and Michelle Haag like this.
    11-29-2016 01:17 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I knew that at one point it was considered illegal to unlock a phone but wasn't 100% sure if that was still the case. One of the replies on the original thread was that it wasn't illegal, but possibly a violation of the carrier TOS. I'm fine with it being deleted if it was a violation of AC's TOS - I just never got notified it was deleted and why. I saw I had a reply, went to view the thread and gone.

Thanks again for the explanation.
    B. Diddy and Michelle Haag like this.
    11-29-2016 10:52 AM