Official feedback thread for new forum design (beta version)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This is our official feedback thread for our new forum design. If you haven't heard of this yet, and would like to help us out by testing the design, please go here for all the details.

For those that are here with the new design activated, we ask that you kindly provide your feedback below.

Thank you in advance for your help, we can't do this without you!!

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official feedback thread for new forum design!

So far I'm liking it, it seems to load faster on my slow hotel wifi connection, it's also much easier to differentiate comments. I will keep checking it out regularly, though I'm mostly on mobile and Tapatalk. It would be great if Tapatalk would allow this view in their app.

David Lundblad

Director of Design
Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Oh and there s a Dark Theme too - just hit 'Your Menu' at the top and click the little moon in the bottom right.

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

@jamesfalconer Interestingly, I get logged out when I save my setting and cannot log back in as myself on the main page. As a result, I do not think I am seeing the new changes in design either. If I go to the FORUMS, however, I am indeed logged in, but nothing looks especially different. What should I be looking for and is it okay that I am not logged in while on the homepage of AC? Thank you.

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Nice conversational look. Menu tucked away at the top. Very nice!
Things are a little spaced far apart...more scrolling though.
Overall, this is a great change, I have to say.

DarlaMack

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

When you click on one of the categories under the My Menu section it reverts back to default... or is that supposed to happen?

David Lundblad

Director of Design
Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

yes, right now only the Thread view is updated. However, every Thread you view should show the new skin

Azensun

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I like the changes! Looks really good!

The little burst that pops up when you 'like' a post is really cool! Nice touch.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

I guess it'll take some time to get used to... reminds me of the menu changes from KK to LP (which I didn't care for). I personally don't like that there are no separations borders/lines between threads listed on the forum page. The page looks extremely bland with a lot of blank white space. And, as sfoLAX has stated, in dark mode, title fonts are too dark to read. Also in dark mode, when you scroll down, all of a sudden the reply box and all boxes below are white... which is distracting. Would be nice if the dark theme encompasses the entire page.

I assume since the team has been diligently working on it, it'll become the default one of these days? When is that expected?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

The forum "tools" button seems to do nothing.
I assume this is where I should be finding the command to "mark forum as read", but that command is nowhere to be found.

David Lundblad

Director of Design
Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

The forum "tools" button seems to do nothing.
I assume this is where I should be finding the command to "mark forum as read", but that command is nowhere to be found.

Hey! What browser are you on and is this mobile or desktop? thanks!

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

Love the design. It'd be great if, after replying to a post, the next message said "in reply to 'so and so'", instead of having to hit "Quote". I replied to a post today, but someone else thought it was directed at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith