02-28-2017 05:09 PM
252 123 ...
tools
    This is our official feedback thread for our new forum design. If you haven't heard of this yet, and would like to help us out by testing the design, please go here for all the details.

For those that are here with the new design activated, we ask that you kindly provide your feedback below.

Thank you in advance for your help, we can't do this without you!!
    12-27-2016 03:40 PM
    mmm. feels more like a chat. I like!
    Dave Liao likes this.
    12-27-2016 03:50 PM
    Just out of curiosity... do we need to change the theme as well or no?
    12-27-2016 03:57 PM
    Nope, just change the one option I point out in the instructions.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    12-27-2016 03:59 PM
    Ok I definitely like this better!! Seems more clean!!
    12-27-2016 04:01 PM
    So far I'm liking it, it seems to load faster on my slow hotel wifi connection, it's also much easier to differentiate comments. I will keep checking it out regularly, though I'm mostly on mobile and Tapatalk. It would be great if Tapatalk would allow this view in their app.
    12-27-2016 04:04 PM
    Oh and there s a Dark Theme too - just hit 'Your Menu' at the top and click the little moon in the bottom right.
    12-27-2016 04:04 PM
    @jamesfalconer Interestingly, I get logged out when I save my setting and cannot log back in as myself on the main page. As a result, I do not think I am seeing the new changes in design either. If I go to the FORUMS, however, I am indeed logged in, but nothing looks especially different. What should I be looking for and is it okay that I am not logged in while on the homepage of AC? Thank you.
    12-27-2016 04:05 PM
    No offense... but I find the shade of green to be a bit institutional.
    12-27-2016 04:06 PM
    Awesome!!!! Yay for Dark Theme!! Now that's a plus!!
    iSRS, Bryant White and GrooveRite like this.
    12-27-2016 04:08 PM
    Nice conversational look. Menu tucked away at the top. Very nice!
    Things are a little spaced far apart...more scrolling though.
    Overall, this is a great change, I have to say.
    iSRS and mc_razza like this.
    12-27-2016 04:24 PM
    When you click on one of the categories under the My Menu section it reverts back to default... or is that supposed to happen?
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-27-2016 04:40 PM
    yes, right now only the Thread view is updated. However, every Thread you view should show the new skin
    12-27-2016 04:51 PM
    I like the changes! Looks really good!

The little burst that pops up when you 'like' a post is really cool! Nice touch.
    David Lundblad likes this.
    12-27-2016 07:37 PM
    I guess it'll take some time to get used to... reminds me of the menu changes from KK to LP (which I didn't care for). I personally don't like that there are no separations borders/lines between threads listed on the forum page. The page looks extremely bland with a lot of blank white space. And, as sfoLAX has stated, in dark mode, title fonts are too dark to read. Also in dark mode, when you scroll down, all of a sudden the reply box and all boxes below are white... which is distracting. Would be nice if the dark theme encompasses the entire page.

I assume since the team has been diligently working on it, it'll become the default one of these days? When is that expected?
    DrLouie and Dhawk1202 like this.
    12-27-2016 09:39 PM
    The italics font of quoted text makes it hard to read.
    12-27-2016 10:56 PM
    The forum "tools" button seems to do nothing.
    I assume this is where I should be finding the command to "mark forum as read", but that command is nowhere to be found.
    12-28-2016 07:07 AM
    The forum "tools" button seems to do nothing.
    I assume this is where I should be finding the command to "mark forum as read", but that command is nowhere to be found.
    Hey! What browser are you on and is this mobile or desktop? thanks!
    12-28-2016 08:25 AM
    Hey! What browser are you on and is this mobile or desktop? thanks!
    Desktop, win10.
    No popup menu: IE11, MS Edge, Firefox
    Works: Chrome
    12-28-2016 02:57 PM
    Love the design. It'd be great if, after replying to a post, the next message said "in reply to 'so and so'", instead of having to hit "Quote". I replied to a post today, but someone else thought it was directed at them.
    12-28-2016 03:20 PM
    Oh and that dark theme is sliiiiiick
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    12-28-2016 03:21 PM
    Oh and that dark theme is sliiiiiick
    I know, right?
    12-28-2016 03:58 PM
    We seem to be missing the badges (or other indicator) for Mods, Ambassadors, etc. And no Forum titles? Post count is only shown for the local (AC) site -- no Global Posts count?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-28-2016 08:13 PM
    At the bottom of the pages showing the forum threads, there is the "page x of y << ... >>" navigation block.
    The blue and grey numbers do not distinguish themselves well enough. Maybe use different colors. Maybe put the current page number in bold.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-28-2016 10:14 PM
    I'm on Windows 10, Iron browser v49...

This is definitely going to take time for me to adjust to. It looks rather mobile web, meaning stripped out of details. There is a reason I never use mobile web - it feels dumbed down and cartoonish.

Not sure users need the "Posting Permissions" box or that enough threads get tags to make the "Tags for this Thread" box meaningful in any significant way.

"Similar Threads" doesn't seem to be pulling relevant content. Here is the one from this thread:
    Capture01.png

I do like the "Members who have read this thread" and find it interesting... However, is that not a waste of resources? What happens when the "read by" list gets into the hundreds and thousands? Who is wading through that? What does it do to page load times at those numbers?

These navigation handles used to appear at the top and bottom of every page:
    Capture02.png
    Now they appear only at the top. This is current across all MoNa forums so far as I can tell. Any chance we can bring them back to the page bottoms, just beneath the last post where they formerly appeared? It's killing my scroll wheel to read a thread, then have to scroll back to the top of a page to navigate the site.

I do like the improvements to the toolbars.
    SteelGator likes this.
    12-29-2016 11:00 AM
252 123 ...