How many members feel that Mike Dee1 should be a moderator?

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Mike has been extremely helpful to myself as well as many others here on various topics in the LG V20 forums. He speaks his own mind which I love. I respect him and his opinions and feel that he should become a "moderator" of our V20 forums. What are your own opinions?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: How may members feel that Mike Dee1 should be a moderator?

Thanks for the compliment but that will never happen...lol

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Moderating a forum is a thankless job. You have to enforce all rules, even if you don't agree with them and you have people complaining to you and you get no compensation. Not really worth it but I do think he'd probably make a good moderator. I thought he said he wasn't even going to post here anymore though?

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the compliment but that will never happen...lol

Mike, I'm so glad you decided to stay with here with us! I, for one, appreciate you and anyone else who tries to offer helpful suggestions (the knowledgeable members here have helped me out many times).

When someone takes time out of their day to voluntarily offer a suggestion that may be helpful to someone, it should be appreciated for what it is, even if it doesn't necessarily agree with your thoughts, without resorting to name-calling or forum "bullying". What doesn't work for one person might work for another.

I believe you would make a great moderator! Again, thanks for changing your mind and staying with us!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I would have loved to have talked with Mike if he were interested and the team were hiring. @Almeuit is the new Team Leader, not sure if he's seen this.

The cross section of people who a) want to be a moderator and b) would actually be good at it and c) fulfill a & b while the team has an opening is incredibly small. Mike's a smart user who is very passionate about devices and IMO would make a good candidate, but obviously there'd have to be a lot of discussion to make sure it's a good fit for the site and for the team. And... it's not up to me, I don't even get a vote anymore :p so take the above for what it's worth.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I've moved this thread to the site discussion forum.

Mike, thanks for your help to our community.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Mike has been extremely helpful to myself as well as many others here on various topics in the LG V20 forums. He speaks his own mind which I love. I respect him and his opinions and feel that he should become a "moderator" of our V20 forums. What are your own opinions?

While it is a nice suggestion -- we usually pick mods by either the MTL choosing them or another moderator suggesting someone who they think wold be a good fit. At the moment we aren't looking to fill our ranks as we seem to have the board / spam in-check (for the most part.. They are relentless!) but you never know ... We are always watching :p.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
While I can't speak for the Moderator Team Leader, but as Ambassador Teal Leader, often just showing an interest will get you a little more attention. Having a good post history, and how you interact with the rest of the community will only solidify the chances of you joining the ranks.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Wonder if can emit my opinion on this matter
No/Yes..I'd start by agree that being a Mod in a huge
forum like ACentral must be stressful: Dealing
with annoyer members like Myself
is Not an easy task-Haha!

Honestly those who run the Forums: Should set up time
limit to serve like 3yrs as maximum and carry out
a Survey of New potential candidates like the
Top poster Mike Dee1: We're bored to view
the same Nicks as Top posters & Liked-1s

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly those who run the Forums-Should set up time
limit to serve like 3yrs at the maximum and carry out
a Survey of New potential candidates like the
Top poster Mike Dee1: We're bored to view
the same Nicks as Top posters & Liked-1s

Haha if only it was that easy. It is hard to find good / dedicated moderators so I try and hang onto my team as much as I can. As most say it can be a thankless job but that is why my team is awesome -- they do what needs to be done and continue to have fun/nerdy conversations about Android.. No thanks needed :). This board can get hit with a lot of spam so sometimes takes awhile to play cleanup -- those spammers are relentless!

As for the Top Posters / Liked -- we do see some of the same guys but that is because they are awesome & active. They help keep everyone engaged :). You won't see any moderators up there though (no matter how much we post) since we are exempt from the list due to some behind the scene stuff (wouldn't be fair to our active members).

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Excellent explanation @Almeuit..totally agry chief find dedicated
members to fit an inexisten position as -Aquila- Mentioned
is difficult, anyway apply the rules and select a Good-1

As for the Top Posters n' liked ones : Well let's
keep only B.Diddy and belodion-Haha!

Last edited:

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
To all in this thread - THANK YOU for the feedback.

Totally agree - @Mike Dee1 is an amazing member... and it's on me to make sure our best members have the opportunity to get more engaged, should they choose. Plenty of fun volunteer opportunities around Android Central and Mobile Nations, from moderators to ambassadors, to Q&A help and a couple of other new teams we're in the process of launching.

That said, @Mike Dee1 I'll be in touch with you soon. If for nothing else than to say THANK YOU :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
To all in this thread - THANK YOU for the feedback.

Totally agree - @Mike Dee1 is an amazing member... and it's on me to make sure our best members have the opportunity to get more engaged, should they choose. Plenty of fun volunteer opportunities around Android Central and Mobile Nations, from moderators to ambassadors, to Q&A help and a couple of other new teams we're in the process of launching.

That said, @Mike Dee1 I'll be in touch with you soon. If for nothing else than to say THANK YOU :)

Wow....I'm humbled and like most people I'm not without fault or always a perfect poster or member. I'm happy to help in any way needed or appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci