Ads are out of control

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm dizzy watching all these animated ads. Best Buy for example is terrible. Plus I got popups from IBM. Come on AC, so now I can't visit my favorite site with Adblocker on, but without Adblocker off you are at the bottom of my pile for favs. My browser is down to a crawl processing all of these ads/animated crap! You have a lost a loyal fan.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: @gquiring You're Not alone the infamous Sam-Gs7
is feed up too of all these useless Ads - Pushed by
Admiral the New software that Powers ACentral

In my desktop don't Sign out when finish accessing
ACentral :
That way the Popup asking to disable
my Ad block is Not up - When open Ac again

But in my mobile when Gmail notify Me of new thread
replies : I can't avoid cross into, with the Ads when
clicked "This thread is located at..blue link"
the Ads are inserted between each reply

I'd rather pay $2.99 - $4.99 for access
the AC-Forums app instead of trick
me down with these ADs..SeeYa!

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Luckily there are plenty of other Android sites that did not take the low road like AC. I fully understand they need ads to help fund the site, but the folks at AC have taken this to a new low. The ads are overdone, blinking, popping all over the place.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
When I first accessed the web version I thought, someone hacked the site or misdirected me.

A turnoff to say the least.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Luckily there are plenty of other Android sites that did not take the low road like AC. I fully understand they need ads to help fund the site, but the folks at AC have taken this to a new low. The ads are overdone, blinking, popping all over the place.
name one with our volume

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
If you can't access AC without turning off your ad blocker, then you are using the wrong ad blocker.

Just sayin'.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with the forums, it's their main page. It won't let me view it with ABP on. Without it, get ready for a dizzy spin with animated ads and popups.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Chrome on Windows 10. I just tried the Adguard extension for Chrome, it is letting the ads in. It has an option to point to individual ads to block them but once the ad changes it comes back.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome on Windows 10. I just tried the Adguard extension for Chrome, it is letting the ads in. It has an option to point to individual ads to block them but once the ad changes it comes back.

If you click on the Adguard logo on the bottom right of your browser, you can select block element. When you hover your mouse over an ad like that, it will turn green. Click on that box while it is green and then select block. The whole ad box will be gone and should not come back.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got adguard figured out, I had to disable ABP. It's blocking ads now on AC and AC is not forcing me to shut if off.