05-17-2017 10:14 PM
201 ... 6789
tools
    Two problems with the list of quoted posts in the profile screens.
    (win10, all browsers)

1. The separation line between the dates runs through the date.

2. The multiple links (from, to, title) give no indication that they are clickable; they need colors or underlines or something to stand out.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    03-20-2017 01:06 PM
    pkcable pinged them by tagging their name. I believe that people are looking at this functionality right now and taking suggestions on how it ought to work.
    Well, it's been 11 days... any word on this? I can see every thread is still going to the last post, so is this how it's going to be from now on??? Would be nice if someone would at least address concerns, one way or the other, in a feedback thread... no? Too much to ask?

Am I the only one that detests all the constant scrolling we have to do now? I used to read through 100's of threads a day... now, basically down to just this one waiting to see some kind of response of a decision from anyone!
    03-29-2017 05:08 AM
    @nahoku - what @Aquila said. We had taken a look at this last week. I'm going to follow up with tech right now to see what the status is.

Appreciate you reaching out (and thanks for the patience!)
    Aquila, pkcable and nahoku like this.
    03-29-2017 09:20 AM
    One question I have, that I likely saw and missed, is on the view of threads in a forum, what does the number in the box mean, that is next to the link to go into the thread?

And this is still my big complaint, there are a lot of features that are hard to either find or to know what they do -- like the numbers in the box. So many people want the threads to fill most of the page, and have no clue to click on the carat at the top of the page; or how to change from regular to dark mode, etc. This layout, at the moment, is just not user friendly.
    03-29-2017 08:29 PM
    One question I have, that I likely saw and missed, is on the view of threads in a forum, what does the number in the box mean, that is next to the link to go into the thread?

And this is still my big complaint, there are a lot of features that are hard to either find or to know what they do -- like the numbers in the box. So many people want the threads to fill most of the page, and have no clue to click on the carat at the top of the page; or how to change from regular to dark mode, etc. This layout, at the moment, is just not user friendly.
    There is a dark mode???

[edit] ok, so I looked and can't find it. Where is it?
    03-29-2017 09:07 PM
    There is a dark mode???
    Click on the moon icon after you tap on 'Menu'.

1490839962726.jpg
    Snareman and Aquila like this.
    03-29-2017 09:12 PM
    Click on the moon icon after you tap on 'Menu'.

1490839962726.jpg
    Ooooooo! That's soooo much easier on the eyes! Thanks!!
    Javier P and Aquila like this.
    03-29-2017 09:13 PM
    Since I complained about this upthread - Thanks for adding back the 'Started by & date' info for the thread listings.
    Aquila and ManiacJoe like this.
    03-30-2017 12:57 AM
    Hey everyone - let me try and respond to some of the recent questions.

This seems like change for the sake of change!
    Not at all - we've planned this change for the last year with some very specific objectives in mind. We have a very limited dev team and over 10 full sites to manage so if something does not need change...it does not get changed. You can read some of our reasoning here: Our new forums are here! | Android Central

Our absolute main objective was to make the forums more accessible to users who are not used to VBulletin style forums - or more hardcore Forums in general - without loosing any core functionality. We particularly wanted to be more welcoming to traffic coming directly from Google (over 85% of our Forum traffic).

One week in we see that we have improved our Bounce Rate from 37% to 10% - this is a huge improvement and means that thousands more visitors are staying long enough to actually read the content of a Thread.

In addition our code foundation was very old and tough to work with so new features or big fixes were left on the back burner and never got done. A great example of this is the new Dark Theme - something we were able to turn around very quickly thanks to the new code base and style.

So two simple objectives - make Forums appeal to non-forum visitors and update an aging code base.

I hate how this is being handled - you are just doing what you want
    We have run a closed Beta for 2 months and an open Beta people could access for the last month. We’ve gathered pages and pages of feedback. Some of it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sit...a-version.html

We’ve also had a private Slack chat room with 40 moderators and ambassadors for the last 2 months where they have given their ideas and feedback

It’s so broken I cannot use it
    This is categorically not true but we understand some things are still not working as they are supposed to. This is part of the pain of any launch. We had a perfect working Staging environment but when we pushed live we still saw many issues. This is an issue of course and our developers have worked long days for the last week to fix what is broken.

We also struggled to test everything - there are features some of you use that did not even come up in our 2 month beta testing - VB is pretty complex…we are tackling these as fast as we can.

Everything is too big
    It appears as if most people complaining about this were actually using the full Desktop version of the old forums on the mobile. We did not expect this but are building a way for you to force the Desktop version whatever device you are on.

Too Long Did Not Read
    The redesign had some very good reasons for happening or it would not have happened - we are working hard to deal with features that broke when we pushed live.
    Any update on letting us choose the desktop version on a mobile device? I'm using a Note 4 and always loaded the full desktop site on the old design since it provided a lot more info, in particular the last post date/time. It was a convenient way to see whether there were any new posts in a particular area of the forum (ex. while browsing through forums.androidcentral.com).

Otherwise now on the new design stuck on the mobile version I have to actually click into each area of the forum I may have an interest to see if there's anything new. It's counter-productive and frustrating so I often just bail on the site and don't even bother with it anymore when on my Note 4.
    03-31-2017 02:53 PM
    Any update on letting us choose the desktop version on a mobile device? I'm using a Note 4 and always loaded the full desktop site on the old design since it provided a lot more info, in particular the last post date/time. It was a convenient way to see whether there were any new posts in a particular area of the forum (ex. while browsing through forums.androidcentral.com).

Otherwise now on the new design stuck on the mobile version I have to actually click into each area of the forum I may have an interest to see if there's anything new. It's counter-productive and frustrating so I often just bail on the site and don't even bother with it anymore when on my Note 4.
    Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller? Anyone?
    04-07-2017 01:23 PM
    This is available now. Tap "Menu" at top right, then the symbol that looks like a magnifying glass at the bottom right of the menu (beside the crescent moon that activates the dark theme). That'll do it.
    anon(634141) likes this.
    04-07-2017 01:28 PM
    This is available now. Tap "Menu" at top right, then the symbol that looks like a magnifying glass at the bottom right of the menu (beside the crescent moon that activates the dark theme). That'll do it.
    Nice find! Thank you! It does enable desktop view which shows the last date/time of individual posts inside a forum area (ex. Note 4) although not for sub areas (ex. Note 4 Accessories) or at the very top forum level (forums.androidcentral.com). So you're still forced to click in to those areas to see whether there are any new posts. Site admins, can last date/time be added for those areas? It would be super helpful.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    04-09-2017 11:55 AM
    So i was looking at the forum today and I'm sure we can see there are currently two search bars on the site. One on the top right (old) and a one in the middle of the page just below the 'Menu' (new) So i was thinking, would it be possible to have that new search bar always available on the screen while I'm scrolling down a page. almost like its floating above all the text I'm scrolling through, Just incase i want to quickly search for something.

Then when i start scrolling up the page, the AndroidCentral banner appears (like it is now) Feel free to let me know its a terrible idea. Ill quickly pack box and take my pot plant with me
    Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 8.56.07 AM.png
    04-11-2017 02:02 AM
    I come here mostly on my PC, it's been a while since my last visit and I really don't like the changes. Not sure about everyone else but I'm seeing a ton of banners and advertisements now, really makes it hard to navigate, can't even find the "SUBSCRIBE" button now, WTH?
    04-16-2017 11:53 PM
    On Mac with Chrome, still about a 3rd of the time I can't click in the reply box to type anything. Usually clicking the Advanced button allows me to type stuff, but I've had a few times where even that doesn't work.
    04-17-2017 12:08 AM
    I'd like to report as well 2-Important changes to implement

1) The "Sign In" method: New users fool around to Sign In
    But by moving the mouse to left upper corner..They use to
    view their avatars & Sign In. Now the new update 3.1.8
    Removed the avatar showing a Hamburger icon only

But again when we Try to Sign Out it shows an orange square
    figure..Why they don't Show clearly the - Sign IN
    and Sign Out - Links,.?? to save us steps
    or is a secure trick..don't get it

2) Is time to introduce in the "Mobile version" The feature
    of Pinch In : Pinch Out - To enlarge the text size
    for those users, with vision issues

All the forums has this feature - Enabled in Mobile
    versions: We know we can change the font size
    but this feature should be Enable too
    04-17-2017 11:05 AM
    No one else finds all these ads irritating as hell?

Capture.PNG
    04-17-2017 05:45 PM
    No one else finds all these ads irritating as hell?

Capture.PNG
    Have never seen them, but I definitely would.
    04-17-2017 06:06 PM
    Hmmph, how come you're not seeing them I wonder?
    04-17-2017 08:20 PM
    Have never seen them, but I definitely would.
    I don't seen them like that either. I do see a few, but I think my adblocker might be taking care of some of them though.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    04-17-2017 11:10 PM
    Some forums I belong to show the ads only if you're not logged in, maybe that's something the moderators should look into?
    In the meantime what's the best ad-blocker that won't load a buncha crap onto my pc at the same time?
    04-18-2017 10:58 AM
    In the meantime what's the best ad-blocker that won't load a buncha crap onto my pc at the same time?
    I use Ghostery and uBlock Origin in Opera and Firefox and I'm seeing zero ads. AdBlock Plus may work too, but I believe uBlock is the less resource hogging option between the two.
    Fisherguy 01 likes this.
    04-18-2017 02:34 PM
    I use Ghostery and uBlock Origin in Opera and Firefox and I'm seeing zero ads. AdBlock Plus may work too, but I believe uBlock is the less resource hogging option between the two.
    Raino, finally got round to following up on this, added the uBlock extension and no more ads on this forum, thanks!
    raino likes this.
    05-06-2017 10:37 AM
    This is my problem:

forumindex.jpg

Summarize! Compress! There is no need to list every Samsung, Google etc. etc. etc. model and their subsections on front page. Manufacturer is enough, models can be shown inside their own sections.
    05-17-2017 09:10 AM
    This is my problem:

forumindex.jpg

Summarize! Compress! There is no need to list every Samsung, Google etc. etc. etc. model and their subsections on front page. Manufacturer is enough, models can be shown inside their own sections.
    Perhaps even brining back the collapsing/expanding system from the old site design?
    05-17-2017 09:24 AM
201 ... 6789