New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Heeeeeeeey everyone! Chances are you've noticed our new forums are here. We've put a lot of hard work into it, along with the help of some of our best volunteers and members (members like you).

Now that this design is live for all, we want to make sure we listen and FIX any bugs or issues that still remain. That's what this thread is for!

If you encounter any bugs, problems, ANYTHING at all with our forum design, please post your feedback here. Your help is key, as it will help the overall design and performance for ALL members!

Thank you in advance for your help!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I miss the top row block of Android Central feature stories. It was easy to see what recent articles had been posted to the site without leaving the forums.
Otherwise, I like the cleaner, less cluttered look.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I like it! As stated above, I'd like to see the recent stories come back on the top but if not, no big deal really..

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be the naysayer but I HATE this new design. Is there any option to use the old one instead?
I agree. The huge fonts are annoying. I'm going to use the Tapatalk app as much as possible and avoid the desktop site as much as I can.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The huge fonts are annoying. I'm going to use the Tapatalk app as much as possible and avoid the desktop site as much as I can.
The redesign was obviously done with the idea that people might browse the forums on their phone. I will continue to use TapaTalk on my phone because I'm accustomed to it, but the new design looks great on Chrome on my phone. One could probably easily navigate AC with Chrome on their phone.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The redesign was obviously done with the idea that people might browse the forums on their phone. I will continue to use TapaTalk on my phone because I'm accustomed to it, but the new design looks great on Chrome on my phone. One could probably easily navigate AC with Chrome on their phone.
It doesn't look great on my phone. It's a mess.
98fbe677cde3e41441fdcf6dabe8de17.jpg

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Option to switch to the old "style" would be nice. If I want facebook "style" I would go to facebook not a Forum. A think it's harder to follow a conversation this way then what was here before but that's just my personal preference.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Option to switch to the old "style" would be nice. If I want facebook "style" I would go to facebook not a Forum. A think it's harder to follow a conversation this way then what was here before but that's just my personal preference.
There is a "style chooser" at the bottom of the page, left side of middle column. I see three standard options, MoNa, AC Amp, and AC Forums 2012. I'm guessing you might like AC Forums 2012. However, when I try to change styles it always reverts back to MoNa; any of the other two styles doesn't "stick".

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
There is a "style chooser" at the bottom of the page, left side of middle column. I see three standard options, MoNa, AC Amp, and AC Forums 2012. I'm guessing you might like AC Forums 2012. However, when I try to change styles it always reverts back to MoNa; any of the other two styles doesn't "stick".

The Style Chooser isn't working for me using Chrome on a desktop. I see the box, try choosing a different style, the page refreshes, and I'm still using the "MoNa" style.

I also absolutely hate the redesign, particularly that I no longer seem to be able to edit my posts and I don't have any type of clear description of what many of the options are. This new design is overly large and harder to follow on a desktop PC, harder to use (especially for those of us a bit older who might have issues seeing some of the small options icons clearly), and looks like the type of thing designed for a grade schooler (in terms of font sizes vs. icon sizes) to use.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go with several others and say I miss the top row of Android Central feature stories. It really was nice to see what recent articles had been posted to the site without having to leave the forums. Otherwise, I too like the cleaner lines and less cluttered look. It is true that the interface choices at the bottom DO NOT WORK! (or at least. don't change anything or lock in)