What are these?

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I see these little check marks next to topics, when I tap on them they just dissapear. Heres a screenshot that I used to hilight them:

0aaab5d92c9633a1dff6b75a4707595c.jpg

Last edited:

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Mr Mendelli!

Great question. By hitting the check mark its marking a thread as "read" by you. Basically, when you return to the unread section on the AC forum app this will now have been filtered out of the unread section.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Mr Mendelli!

Great question. By hitting the check mark its marking a thread as "read" by you. Basically, when you return to the unread section on the AC forum app this will now have been filtered out of the unread section.
Thank you bmhillegass87, that was beginning to bother me. Wouldn't it make more sense if threads were marked as "read" once tgey've been opened? Just some food for thought...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you bmhillegass87, that was beginning to bother me. Wouldn't it make more sense if threads were marked as "read" once tgey've been opened? Just some food for thought...

They are. There are three different ways to mark threads as read: when you open/read them, using that mark on the unread tab or using the overflow menu/three dots to mark the whole tab.

Also, you can change in the app settings how unread threads show up (normal, grayed out or removed from the list).