Moderators in the comment section

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
There are moderators in the forums and it keeps discussions civil. We need moderators in the comment section because the comments are becoming toxic, especially with trolls and spammers like cybertec going around attacking people for having an opinion that doesn't match his. So this thread (I'm hoping it's being posted in the right forum) is my way of telling the people in charge of Android Central (and Mobile Nations) that they need to do something about obnoxious comment sections. Technobuffalo did it and cleaned up their website from trolls and Android Central should do the same.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
We actually have some mods who have authority to clean up the comments section.

However, the oddity is that previously, you were able to report comments. For some reason, it's gone.

I've been monitoring the comment section behavior for the past few days and I have forwarded it to the moderator team, but it's up to the team leader to decide what's the best course of action.

Also, I've moved it to the general site feedback subthread since this concerns the site as a whole, and not just the mobile app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for posting this. Hopefully we can get a second look at the topic from the folks in charge of that decision. I do know that the comments have moderators who remove spam and take care of things that are way over the top, but generally being a jerk isn't one if those things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo