How Do I Turn Off Email Notifications for the Forums?

anon(9681881)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I really hate notifications. They are like spam to me. I have always had all my notifications turned off here and I still get them when someone quotes me. How do I stop receiving these notifications?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Notifications

Do you mean notifications from AC Forums? Which app is sending them? Next time you get one, swipe down from the status bar, long press it, tap on info and see which app sent it.

anon(9681881)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

Do you mean notifications from AC Forums? Which app is sending them? Next time you get one, swipe down from the status bar, long press it, tap on info and see which app sent it.

Yes it is a notification from AC forums. I am using a Chromebook and there is no way to swipe down.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes it is a notification from AC forums. I am using a Chromebook and there is no way to swipe down.
Oh, I thought you were getting these notifications on your Pixel. Do you want me to move the thread to a different sub-forum?

Never used a Chromebook so excuse my questions. Is there an app for AC or you mean email notifications? Do you get the same notifications on your Pixel?

anon(9681881)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

Oh, I thought you were getting these notifications on your Pixel. Do you want me to move the thread to a different sub-forum?

Never used a Chromebook so excuse my questions. Is there an app for AC or you mean email notifications? Do you get the same notifications on your Pixel?

No I don't get the notifications on the Pixel. I don't use my phone for much online stuff. I am not a teenager. You don't need to move it, I posted it here because this is the forum the notifications are coming from.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

You go to the website itself and turn it off in the account settings. I've forgotten how exactly to do that since I did it years ago.

Sean Cogan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Account Settings:
General Settings - Messages & Notifications - Default Thread Subscription Mode - Do Not Subscribe.

anon(9681881)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

Right. A teenager probably could've figured this out on his own. :p

Did you get a notification for this post quote?

Heck a 6 year old could have figured it out, but I am almost 70. It is not my problem to solve, it is obviously a problem with the web site. No notification yet, but it takes a few hours before the notification email arrives.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

The Pixel 2 forum is the root cause of the problem. I don't know how it could not be more about Pixel 2.
Actually, you just answered it. It's nothing about the Pixel 2. Your problem is with the forum, which just happens to be the Pixel 2 section. But it has nothing to do with the phone itself.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thread moved to correct area.

I've fixed your settings so you should not receive any more quoted post emails. Please respond here if that does not fix it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. What was wrong with my settings? I had everything set to no notifications.

There are settings for it in two different areas of user settings, not sure why but I've seen it before so I knew what to look for. Unfortunately I only know how to fix it from the admin side, not through user settings. I think what people described above may be correct, not sure.

anon(9681881)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
There are settings for it in two different areas of user settings, not sure why but I've seen it before so I knew what to look for. Unfortunately I only know how to fix it from the admin side, not through user settings. I think what people described above may be correct, not sure.

Well you didn't do a good job of fixing it because I just got another notification.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Account Settings:
General Settings - Messages & Notifications - Default Thread Subscription Mode - Do Not Subscribe.

I have this set to Do Not Subscribe, and I have always had this set. When I started looking for an answer to this problem, and I discovered this thread, I checked and it was already set to Do Not Subscribe.

And yet I continue to get email notifications whenever I am quoted in a thread.

Further down in the settings, I have Quote Notification set to No. And it was already set to no when I first checked.

Is there anywhere else I can check?

BTW, the emails don't come immediately, there is usually a delay that varies in length.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance