Why do you want me to disable Ad-Blockers?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Guys, seriously. I get that you get revenue from it, and I would be happy to disable my adblocker if, and here's the key, IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE 43 ADS and 19 TRACKERS ON ONE PAGE. That's just insane overkill. Look, I don't mind an ad or two, or a less invasive tracker. But when there is that many, there no is no way I'm turning it off, I'm sorry.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Gee. I don't know. I'm running Firefox 57.0.4, no ad blockers (they were all disabled around 57.0) and it looks as if this new version just doesn't show popups or banners by default. I've got one "REVEAL NEWS" arrow up near the top, but that's it. (I agree though - the site was going way overboard with adds - I still remember 4 or 5 MetroPCS ads, all the same, running down the right side of the screen.)

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
There are so many trackers and ads on Android Central pages that it TURNS MY CPU FAN ON! And I have an I5-6th gen CPU with 8GB of RAM. I only recently blocked this site, but I have WILL NOT Turn it off unless you folks act reasonably.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are so many trackers and ads on Android Central pages that it TURNS MY CPU FAN ON!

This made me smile a bit (but in pain, since I feel for you).:p You probably already know this, but that fan going on might also be a sign that your vents are totally blocked by dust. A while ago, my desktop's CPU fan was going on high speed frequently, but I thought it had to do with a buggy Win10 update. Finally, I ducked under my desk and looked closely -- the dang fan grille was PACKED with dust. Blew all that stuff away, and the fan stopped doing that.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the AC Forums app. Clean interface and no ads. The most recent update made things a little wonky with the interface layout (it's based on Tapatalk, so they keep with their changes, for better or worse) and uploading photos can be hit and miss, but overall it's more functional than the main site.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
This made me smile a bit (but in pain, since I feel for you).:p You probably already know this, but that fan going on might also be a sign that your vents are totally blocked by dust. A while ago, my desktop's CPU fan was going on high speed frequently, but I thought it had to do with a buggy Win10 update. Finally, I ducked under my desk and looked closely -- the dang fan grille was PACKED with dust. Blew all that stuff away, and the fan stopped doing that.

It's not my fan. I use a laptop. About the only time my fan ever runs is when I am browsing on a script infested web site. And AC (and WC) are NOTORIOUS for making my fan turn on. Which is why I now block all ads on mobile nations sites. I didn't use to do this, as I don't mind supporting sites that I regularly browse.

I am hardly the first AC reader to mention this...I browse many other tech blogs with my ad blocker turned off that DO NOT engage my fan.

PavelLab

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
That's a pretty good ad blocker. AdGuard http://adguard.ideaprog.download/
Screenshot:
screenshot.png

suitable for both android and for devices running on the windows system

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member