I will no longer visit android central

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Sorry, this is not really a question, but I wanted to give you feedback without having to register for a new account.

I think the quality of the site has really gone down lately. Even good writers, such as Andrew, are now writing vacuous posts. For example the one about the foldable galaxy SX. There's nothing in there.

I was clinging on to your website mostly because of Jerry (for news and forums I now use AP and reddit), but he's been scarce recently, and didn't even call on Google for not putting a headphone jack in the pixel 2.

No hard feelings (I have no doubt you don't care very much about my opinion), but I thought I would let you know how a long time user (registered when I had my htc desire probably) feels a bout what this site has become.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
As a long-established member of Android Central, I now take the view that if there are things I don’t like, I can try to change them, rather than resign my membership.

Thread moved to Site Feedback.

alphonso999

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
This is OP here. Thanks for moving my message in the feedback section rather than deleting it. I created an account to reply to your comment, because I find it disdainful.

First, the objective of my original post was purely to offer feedback from a long-time user. Even if my thinking this way is irrelevant for AC, maybe more people feel the same way. And even if I am the only one who feels that way, I thought genuine feedback was always useful. The people at AC can do what they want with it. What is important is that, in giving out negative feedback, I try to be clear and fair, rather than insulting, as it can too easily be the case on internet.

But why on earth would it be my responsibility to help change AC rather than simply "resign my membership", as you say? Do I have some vested interest in AC? Is it in my role to help them succeed? Do I get anything out of it? I've been a member for a while, contributing moderately to the discussions on the forums, sometimes in a useful manner. But if I do no longer want to use a product, do I really have an obligation to still devote time and effort to help make it better?

I'm sorry but my days and resources are not unlimited, I have other responsibilities, and I don't appreciate that you try to somehow shame me for simply giving feedback and then going. I gave my honest opinion because I did care for this site for a very long time and it has been a very useful resource at times. I just no longer does it for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is OP here. Thanks for moving my message in the feedback section rather than deleting it. I created an account to reply to your comment, because I find it disdainful.

First, the objective of my original post was purely to offer feedback from a long-time user. Even if my thinking this way is irrelevant for AC, maybe more people feel the same way. And even if I am the only one who feels that way, I thought genuine feedback was always useful. The people at AC can do what they want with it. What is important is that, in giving out negative feedback, I try to be clear and fair, rather than insulting, as it can too easily be the case on internet.

But why on earth would it be my responsibility to help change AC rather than simply "resign my membership", as you say? Do I have some vested interest in AC? Is it in my role to help them succeed? Do I get anything out of it? I've been a member for a while, contributing moderately to the discussions on the forums, sometimes in a useful manner. But if I do no longer want to use a product, do I really have an obligation to still devote time and effort to help make it better?

I'm sorry but my days and resources are not unlimited, I have other responsibilities, and I don't appreciate that you try to somehow shame me for simply giving feedback and then going. I gave my honest opinion because I did care for this site for a very long time and it has been a very useful resource at times. I just no longer does it for me.
He simply said what he wants to do - not what you should do.

Have a good one :).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I also think that there's a fairly big difference between the blog and the forums. The quality of the writing on the blog is certainly up for debate, but the membership of the forums is still quite vibrant, with plenty of active members who are both knowledgeable and willing to help. Being a member of the forums doesn't mean you have to follow the blog or even like it -- as long as you have something interesting or helpful to say, you fit right in here.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The blog has gone to crap, at one time it was filled with everything Android. Now it's filled with everything clickbait.

The forums are still strong, but I am waiting for the start of pinned threads in the different categories to let us all know about the super Android related memory phone mattress that is the lowest it's ever been on Amazon right this very second hahaha

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Blog lost me when they had "articles" on how to clean your PS4 and how to eject a disc from your PS4. Garbage writing, thanks to which I never go to the webpage anymore. The site is just click bait for ads and links to product sales, nothing more. Forums are another story, by and far worth hanging around for.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The blog has gone to crap, at one time it was filled with everything Android. Now it's filled with everything clickbait.

The forums are still strong, but I am waiting for the start of pinned threads in the different categories to let us all know about the super Android related memory phone mattress that is the lowest it's ever been on Amazon right this very second hahaha
Well I can safely say that won't be happening :).

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Well I can safely say that won't be happening :).
I'm sure everyone thought it was a safe bet to never see an article about how to put a disc in a PS4 just in case you were literally living under a rock hahaha. The forums feel like they have improved since I stepped away to iOS land for 4 months. Feels good to be back with Android that's for sure!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure everyone thought it was a safe bet to never see an article about how to put a disc in a PS4 just in case you were literally living under a rock hahaha. The forums feel like they have improved since I stepped away to iOS land for 4 months. Feels good to be back with Android that's for sure!
Well I don't control the blog so I can't comment there. While I don't own the forums I definitely keep them up day to day and I don't see them making stickies for deals in random areas. Figured I'd just let you know :).

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree with most of the feedback here. Articles used to be good, meat and potatoes. now they seem like TL : DR's from a 14 year old.
click bait, no substance, empty, thoughtless etc. jus bad.
90% of what I click on is articles from 8 months ago or 2 years ago rehashed as "new" ... the only thing new is the title, the comments show dates from 9 months ago etc.
The actual site itself, is terrible. layout, ads etc. looks to be the work of a kid that got a new dell and is practicing web site building.
The original crew is gone, jerry seems to have 1 foot out the door and it's down hill from there.
AC doing articles on how to are almost down to: "How do I turn my phone on" - level. .. What's next? Advanced Features! how to use volume buttons? ... seriously.

is that mattress still on sale?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20