Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

05-27-2018 07:59 AM
42 12
tools
    Anyone know.why all of the sudden I am seeing ads in the forum when using the android app? Not just ads on the home page, but ads IN the forum. I've been subscribed for years and I've never seen that before!
    02-26-2018 05:41 AM
    Should this be in the AC app section?

Looking at my app - the subscriptions run for 1, 3 and 12 months. Is it possible yours expired?
    02-26-2018 06:40 AM
    Anyone know.why all of the sudden I am seeing ads in the forum when using the android app? Not just ads on the home page, but ads IN the forum. I've been subscribed for years and I've never seen that before!
    I've always seen ads in the app and so I use desktop.
    02-26-2018 07:46 AM
    Should this be in the AC app section?

Looking at my app - the subscriptions run for 1, 3 and 12 months. Is it possible yours expired?
    I thought maybe that was it, so I renewed it, and they are still there. Sorry it's in wrong section, that was dumb mistake on my part.
    02-26-2018 07:56 AM
    I use Tapatalk, no ads.
    02-26-2018 09:31 AM
    I use Tapatalk, no ads.
    As do I, but I was trying to help with the issue as presented...
    02-26-2018 09:34 AM
    I know, so was I. Just suggesting use Tapatalk. Plus you can link all your forums in Tapatalk, one stop forum.
    02-26-2018 09:37 AM
    for me, an aggregation app sounded like a great idea until I realized that gives them access to all my messages from all the forums. too broad and open for my tastes. I keep things locked down and would rather go app to app (which I don't) or forum to forum, than give that kind of access. who knows how they keep the data and where. I like privacy... as much as one can have these days.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    02-26-2018 09:56 AM
    I appreciate the help. I used to use tapatalk, but I don't like it all that much. It's just weird to me that the ads showed up all of the sudden even though(just to be safe) I paid again to remove them. There is literally an ad on every.single response in this post! I have never seen that before.
    02-26-2018 11:34 AM
    Sounds like they put ads in to help w/ the bills.

I use Tapatalk and have VIP so I don't see any ads on my forums.
    02-26-2018 12:51 PM
    Sounds like they put ads in to help w/ the bills.

I use Tapatalk and have VIP so I don't see any ads on my forums.
    I pay them for an ad free app though!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    02-26-2018 01:31 PM
    I pay them for an ad free app though!
    Who Tapatalk?
    02-26-2018 02:03 PM
    Who Tapatalk?
    Android Central. I pay a subscription to remove ads.
    02-26-2018 02:23 PM
    Android Central. I pay a subscription to remove ads.
    Hm I assume you mean the actual Android Central app? On the AC Forums one?
    02-26-2018 02:42 PM
    Hm I assume you mean the actual Android Central app? On the AC Forums one?
    Android Central
    02-26-2018 02:54 PM
    Android Central
    Mkay the news app. I will ping James to take a look. I don't know much about it since I just use Tapatalk.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    02-26-2018 02:55 PM
    Looking into this folks! We've had random reports of this - getting to the bottom of it!

Appreciate everyone here reaching out!
    02-27-2018 09:23 AM
    So I know that this probably seems like a petty thing that I'm complaining about, but it's really bugging me. I've paid an ad free experience in the app, and the forum is still LOADED with ads. I know it's only a couple of bucks that I paid, but the principle of taking my money for a service, and then not providing it, troubles me. If I was receiving any response that it was being worked on, it may was my mind a bit. I am using a stock Galaxy note 8, if that information matters. What is the status of this situation?
    03-22-2018 08:49 AM
    @Ryano89 - Thanks for posting again - and apologies for the frustration, trust me, I get it! And no, it's not a petty thing at all!

We've looped around with one of our app developers to fix this problem. I'll check in with them again to see what the delay might be.

Appreciate you sticking with us. Talk soon!
    Ryano89 likes this.
    03-22-2018 09:01 AM
    Hi @Ryano89 here the main developer of the Android app, I'm looking this issue. Are you only seeing ads on forum threads or in the entire app (article list, into articles, and so)?

Thanks for your help!
    03-23-2018 08:51 AM
    Hi @Ryano89 here the main developer of the Android app, I'm looking this issue. Are you only seeing ads on forum threads or in the entire app (article list, into articles, and so)?

Thanks for your help!
    Forum threads only. It started about a month ago, and I tried using an adblocker(which I prefer not to do)and I still see them
    03-24-2018 02:19 AM
    Strange ... If you can provide the following info could be great to fix the issue:

1. Go to Lateral menu -> Settings -> Scroll down -> The value of Purchases (if you can share a screenshot with that could be wonderful).
    2. An screenshot of the forum thread with the ads (we have several ads services integrated and need to know which is the source of the problem).
    3. Finally, two screenshots of an article detail (one of the top, other of the bottom).

Please, don't use an adblocker during the above tests. Hope we can find the problem and fix it soon.

Many thanks!
    03-26-2018 08:24 AM
    I'm not sure if attaching worked, but I've included everything you were asking for Isidoro. I've also been dealing with this issue for over a month, hoping AC was working on it. I've got ads in the news feed, in stories, and in the forum. I've paid for all three options. I don't necessarily mind that I lost out on that money, but I'm sick of the ads. Anything you can do to fix it is much appreciated.
    03-26-2018 05:48 PM
    Strange ... If you can provide the following info could be great to fix the issue:

1. Go to Lateral menu -> Settings -> Scroll down -> The value of Purchases (if you can share a screenshot with that could be wonderful).
    2. An screenshot of the forum thread with the ads (we have several ads services integrated and need to know which is the source of the problem).
    3. Finally, two screenshots of an article detail (one of the top, other of the bottom).

Please, don't use an adblocker during the above tests. Hope we can find the problem and fix it soon.

Many thanks!
    I've posted all of these before.
    Attached Images
    03-26-2018 07:56 PM

Many thanks!
    Attached Images
    03-26-2018 07:57 PM
42 12