Did Mobile Nations get bought by Amazon?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Geez guys every single thing on the site is an Amazon sale and then there are pop ups EVERYWHERE. it's so bad, I turned ad block back on....
you guys are clueless aren't ya.... you'd rather run people off than do normal ads that I don't have to click to close 17 ads to get to the site....
so now, all your ads are useless because I took you Off the white list...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The Amazon stuff is all Thrifter, which is a MobileNations entity. Thrifter is not owned by Amazon, but it so happens that there's a big sale on Amazon this week so much of their attention is to deals on Amazon but there are often deals from other retailers posted as well.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
so people can't figure out what's on sale at amazon without a cell phone site posting every item on sale?
on you MAIN PAGE you have a Cat Drinking fountain... WTH does that have to do with AC and phones, electronics, and articles you would expect to find on a CELL PHONE TECH SITE??
I *might* understand if you posted phones on sale. Chargers, car chargers, windows mounts, etc... you know... somewhat phone related... but a cat fountain? really? Guess Amazon just rented mobile nations sites for a couple days.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
so people can't figure out what's on sale at amazon without a cell phone site posting every item on sale?
on you MAIN PAGE you have a Cat Drinking fountain... WTH does that have to do with AC and phones, electronics, and articles you would expect to find on a CELL PHONE TECH SITE??
I *might* understand if you posted phones on sale. Chargers, car chargers, windows mounts, etc... you know... somewhat phone related... but a cat fountain? really? Guess Amazon just rented mobile nations sites for a couple days.

There are a lot of cat lovers in the forums based on the amount of cat pictures in the threads. I do agree that sometimes the ads can be overwhelming, however the bills have to get paid I suppose.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thrifter is something MoNa is wanting to do. There are other deal sites that covered Prime Day as well for all the various deals. I get it isn't everyone's cup of tea (personally I just browsed Amazon myself) and found things through other notifications I had setup.

I thought you stopped coming to this site due to other reasons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze