Android Central, now Advertising Central.

anon(10212606)

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Android central I find is no longer interesting or informative.
Mostley it is articles disguised as adverts and then on top of that more adverts.
I mostly just read the forums once is while. Site is a bag of **** now.
What's your opinion, anyone else agree?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I completely agree.... supposedly members are supposed to see less ads, what a load of horse s**t!! The ads are getting so bad I can barely surf the site. They insert ads into threads, live videos running under the threads, ads flashing and filling every square inch of the site.

I've been trying to be a supportive member and not do any ad blocking...... but screw Mobile Nations, I'm going to start blocking ALL ads.... not just some but ALL.... because Mobile Nations deserves it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm now surfing the Mobile Nations forums with zero ads...... and that's how it's going to stay. That's what happens when websites get stupid greedy, and go above and beyond what's reasonable.
:-[

Last edited:

liscon17

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I've gone to Android Police now for my news and reviews, the website is easy to navigate and isn't too busy with just crap.

Although I do love the YouTube videos AC pumps out and the podcast is still great

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use the website on my tablet too and I agree, the ads are horrendous. My tab continually shows refreshing. The page never completely loads. It's getting to the point I'd rather look at the site thru the app on my phone.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Do the ads absolutely destroy anyone else's computer? I'm running a beast of an i7 machine with 16gb RAM and chrome still stutters/lags/freezes when I visit this site. And my fan cranks up like it's going to launch into space.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This will probably be my last post and visit to this site. I too get my information from other sites that have less advertising and clickbait. I remember the days when I started following discussions on Palm Central for information on my Palm Treo and it is a shame on what this has turned into. I used to have the AC app but that has become so commercialized that I have uninstalled it. I think the moderators of this site have lost the real reason why this was first created and that was to inform users of this technology and create a community where people can share information. Now it is a site that is painful to visit because the pages take forever to load (I have a i7 8th gen 16 GB Ram) with all of the advertising and garbage.

I feel like I am visiting a strip joint when I come here. It is very loud and hard to move around here and you don't know what kind of virius you might catch.

Goodbye and good luck!

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Good lord these Amazon pop ups on every page click are infuriating. 12 Days of Deals = 12 Days of Boycotting Amazon.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I started coming to mobile nations for "Treo Central" and then Palm Central when I got my Palm Pre, then switched to Android Central when I switched to the original HTC Evo 4g (the only phone I stood in a line for at Sprint). I came here multiple times a day to catch up on Android news and read the occasional opinion piece. I now come here maybe once a day if that, and rarely read anything from the front page when I do. I just get faster, better, more complete Android coverage from other sites. Over the last year to year and a half the content has just dropped away so that there is no longer anything compelling to read. I'm not a fan of the ads, but they don't bother me that much as I understand they are a necessary evil as ad revenues have dropped. But if there is no content for me to come here for, in an easy to read manner (which this site NO LONGER is easy to read), I have no reason to see the ads.