Android central I find is no longer interesting or informative.
    Mostley it is articles disguised as adverts and then on top of that more adverts.
    I mostly just read the forums once is while. Site is a bag of **** now.
    What's your opinion, anyone else agree?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-17-2018 05:58 PM
    I completely agree.... supposedly members are supposed to see less ads, what a load of horse s**t!! The ads are getting so bad I can barely surf the site. They insert ads into threads, live videos running under the threads, ads flashing and filling every square inch of the site.

I've been trying to be a supportive member and not do any ad blocking...... but screw Mobile Nations, I'm going to start blocking ALL ads.... not just some but ALL.... because Mobile Nations deserves it.
    09-30-2018 03:25 AM
    I'm now surfing the Mobile Nations forums with zero ads...... and that's how it's going to stay. That's what happens when websites get stupid greedy, and go above and beyond what's reasonable.
    09-30-2018 09:54 PM
    I've gone to Android Police now for my news and reviews, the website is easy to navigate and isn't too busy with just crap.

Although I do love the YouTube videos AC pumps out and the podcast is still great
    10-05-2018 02:30 PM
    I use the website on my tablet too and I agree, the ads are horrendous. My tab continually shows refreshing. The page never completely loads. It's getting to the point I'd rather look at the site thru the app on my phone.
    11-01-2018 09:12 AM
    Do the ads absolutely destroy anyone else's computer? I'm running a beast of an i7 machine with 16gb RAM and chrome still stutters/lags/freezes when I visit this site. And my fan cranks up like it's going to launch into space.
    11-05-2018 03:38 PM
    This will probably be my last post and visit to this site. I too get my information from other sites that have less advertising and clickbait. I remember the days when I started following discussions on Palm Central for information on my Palm Treo and it is a shame on what this has turned into. I used to have the AC app but that has become so commercialized that I have uninstalled it. I think the moderators of this site have lost the real reason why this was first created and that was to inform users of this technology and create a community where people can share information. Now it is a site that is painful to visit because the pages take forever to load (I have a i7 8th gen 16 GB Ram) with all of the advertising and garbage.

I feel like I am visiting a strip joint when I come here. It is very loud and hard to move around here and you don't know what kind of virius you might catch.

Goodbye and good luck!
    Sophos likes this.
    11-06-2018 10:58 AM
    @chad783 - to be clear, the moderators monitor the forums, the editors are responsible for the front-page content...
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-06-2018 09:19 PM
    Good lord these Amazon pop ups on every page click are infuriating. 12 Days of Deals = 12 Days of Boycotting Amazon.
    12-04-2018 04:07 PM
    Trust me, the Mods and Ambassadors can't stand these ads any more than you! We have no control over them. Send feedback to the site admins about it here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sendmessage.php
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2018 04:56 PM