View Poll Results: What do other think of the length of the "Everything you need to know" articles?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like how they are now (Long and lengthy - Novel like)

2 66.67%
  • I prefer content to be collapsed by default (Expandable by headers)

1 33.33%
  • I skip such articles (TLDR)

0 0%
  • i have no opinion on this topic

0 0%
    Just a suggestion to the guys running the mobilenations corp
    Recently we see a rise of Articles that fall under the "Everything you need to know" type, where everything related to a Gadget and/or App and/or Term ad/or Technology is shared.

This is a great idea for an article and I believe actually helpful for the uninformed to know about it.

However it will be great if you could make the entire article collapsible by default with the major headings as the means to expand the content.

Most do not want to read a Novel length article.

Just sharing my thoughts, not sure of what and how other readers feel about it

Examples:
    https://www.androidcentral.com/google-assistant
    https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9
    https://www.androidcentral.com/twitter
    02-09-2019 02:47 AM
    Technology being so convoluted and these devices being basically computers is not easy to write short "how to" articles. Also, you don't know the level of expertise of your readers, so you have to assume they are beginners..
    Perhaps a bullet point summary may be useful?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-09-2019 03:48 AM
    It's hard when you have readers who may be beginners who may be trying to do as much informed research as possible before buying a mobile product. When I was trying to decide on a flagship last year, I did months of research and spent hours reading articles and watching review videos. Now, not everyone will do this kind of extensive research; but I feel like articles like these would be a really good basis for finding out how the phone operates not only in day-to-day life but also from the inside out.

It's also very hard to condense the information about phones nowadays - they're so multifaceted in what they can do/offer that writing just a few paragraphs about them would not do them justice. It's a tightrope to walk in essence, and so it's easier to provide everything instead of just a few things.

All of the features of a phone are significant and writers don't know what would and would not be significant to potential buyers. What would you omit, for example? It may be easier to just give it all, so readers/potential phone users can pick and choose which parts would apply to them more as potential owners of said devices (ie, software section for those looking for the latest operating systems; battery usage section for those who game heavily on their phones and want longer and stronger battery life).
    02-09-2019 12:00 PM
    OP, I think you're speaking more to the format and not necessarily the amount of content, correct? I think there's something to that. Being able to collapse the sections you may not be interested in.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    02-09-2019 12:46 PM
    I moved this from General News to the Site Feedback forum, since this is where the higher-ups would be looking for this kind of feedback.
    02-10-2019 03:54 AM