Upon returning here to AC, I can no longer find the 'Rooting' sub-forum sections -- that used to be at the top of each phones sub-forum. Did the 'Rooting' sub-forum(s) get moved or deleted?
    07-18-2019 12:10 PM
    I moved this to the Site Feedback forum for more specific traffic.
    07-18-2019 12:45 PM
    As opposed to simply answering the question? ;~\ Does no one know the answer? Did the 'Rooting' sub-forum sections—at the top of each phone model sub-forum—just vanish into thin air? Off into the ether?
    07-18-2019 01:45 PM
    Maybe I don't know the answer, ever consider that?

I moved this here because this is where the site admins are more likely to look. If it were left in the Ask A Question forum, it'd quickly get buried.

My guess is that it's because rooting has become less and less popular, even among enthusiasts, as phones have become more powerful and allowed for more customization without root.
    07-18-2019 04:27 PM
    I don't know how long you've been gone, but in the more than 7 years that I've been here, there were never any rooting subforums. Maybe you're thinking of XDA?
    07-18-2019 05:11 PM
    I don't know how long you've been gone, but in the more than 7 years that I've been here, there were never any rooting subforums. Maybe you're thinking of XDA?
    Thanks for your reply, but no, I joined here and at xda back in 2012, but spent more time here, and each—well, at least it seemed to me that—phone models' sub-forum had two additional sub-forums at the top of the phone sub-forum page, the 'Accessories' sub-forum, and the 'Rooting - ROMS - Kernels', etc etc sub-fourm.
    I came back here in 2016 after purchasing the Galaxy S7 Active, and maybe again once or twice last year, but didn't notice the 'rooting, etc' sub-forums being gone—from the phone sub-forums—when last here.
    And although I never rooted, it seems a shame that they're no longer there, as they were the 'go to' place for reading & learning-up on all things rooting & ROMS etc. But as B. Diddy says, maybe they became less and less popular.
    07-18-2019 05:36 PM
    Maybe I don't know the answer, ever consider that?

I moved this here because this is where the site admins are more likely to look. If it were left in the Ask A Question forum, it'd quickly get buried.

My guess is that it's because rooting has become less and less popular, even among enthusiasts, as phones have become more powerful and allowed for more customization without root.
    Well okay. But I didn't reckon anyone, including the admins, would be as likely to look and read posts way-way down hither and thither here at the bottom of the AC forums, even though being the 'site feedback' forum. That's why I put my question in the 'Ask a Question' thread. I thought it was a simple enough question that anyone who regularly reads the 'Ask a Question' thread—especially an admin or ambassador—would know the answer to.

I didn't know that rooting had become less and less popular over the years. Thanks for the info.
    07-18-2019 05:47 PM