12-09-2019 05:03 PM
65 123
tools
    I agree with you there. This year though the blog has really exploded with the November /December ads.
    It's not just here, it's email also as I noted in a previous post. Several of the companies I regularly receive daily email ads from sent me anywhere from 2-4 messages every day since Wed. last week. It's getting to be a bit much, EVERYWHERE.
    12-03-2019 08:58 PM
    I know money is needed, but someone needs to tone down the ads big time.
    They actually were worse before. Do you remember when we were getting ads on the main forum page that would wait about a 1-2 seconds, then suddenly narrow the page with huge side banners that were made to look like curtains? I want to say they were Circuit City ads, but that also doesn't seem right, since they closed in 2008. Maybe it was Best Buy. Anyway, that caused no end of teeth gnashing for the whole Ambassador and Mod team as we would frequently click on the dang ad instead of a thread half the time.
    12-04-2019 12:23 AM
    They actually were worse before. Do you remember when we were getting ads on the main forum page that would wait about a 1-2 seconds, then suddenly narrow the page with huge side banners that were made to look like curtains? I want to say they were Circuit City ads, but that also doesn't seem right, since they closed in 2008. Maybe it was Best Buy. Anyway, that caused no end of teeth gnashing for the whole Ambassador and Mod team as we would frequently click on the dang ad instead of a thread half the time.
    I think the issue is not actual ads,but the blog posts that really are ads disguised as articles, like those things about Disney+ subscription, headphones, vacuum cleaners, instantpots. The vacuum cleaners have absolutely nothing to do with Android, and most people looking to buy a vacuum cleaner or a cooking product wouldn't look for one on a site about Android.

For instance, I don't see any editors' picks about phones on the HGTV site.
    12-04-2019 01:02 AM
    I haven't gone without an ad blocker in several years.
    My DNS server at home handles that for me .
    12-04-2019 02:43 AM
    For instance, I don't see any editors' picks about phones on the HGTV site.
    Close enough!

Capture%2B_2019-12-04-07-53-44.jpeg
    12-04-2019 08:55 AM
    My DNS server at home handles that for me .
    That's great when you're at home. Using a continuous VPN?
    12-04-2019 09:01 AM
    What year? I joined in 2017 and mostly use Tapatalk.
    12-04-2019 10:40 AM
    What year? I joined in 2017 and mostly use Tapatalk.
    Probably around 2014 or so. Before your time, young grasshopper.
    milleniumdroid and Morty2264 like this.
    12-04-2019 11:16 AM
    That's great when you're at home. Using a continuous VPN?
    Usually yep. Whenever on wifi which is pretty often.
    12-04-2019 12:27 PM
    Actually we were bartering way before 'profit' was even a thought. The vast majority of people exchanged things with each other through history. Not money. We were mostly rural up until recent times.

Money created the idea of profit, middlemen, accountants and financial capitalist. All of which has no real bearing on anything 'real'. These things are nothing but constructs for making people 'rich'.

To put it bluntly money isn't required to grow an apple tree.
    Even with bartering, there’s a profit motive as I can trade with someone at different rate than someone else or step in the middle of transaction and play arbitrage old school capitalism style. It’s more difficult yet it’s how mankind has thought for centuries. Pretty sure money currency only developed to simplify the arbitrage or profit creation not actually invent.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2019 03:59 PM
    And the iOS related articles MUST GO FOR ONCE!
    Not saying I disagree with you...not at all, but could you link or give a general example of what you mean? You lost me a little.
    12-05-2019 08:24 AM
    Not saying I disagree with you...not at all, but could you link or give a general example of what you mean? You lost me a little.
    iPhone articles like this are unbearable for a website that should be ALL ABOUT ANDROID:

https://www.androidcentral.com/can-a...rough-services

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-w...one-2019-event

https://www.androidcentral.com/using...-you-need-know

https://www.androidcentral.com/does-...uo-work-iphone

https://www.androidcentral.com/iphone-x
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-05-2019 05:20 PM
    Probably around 2014 or so. Before your time, young grasshopper.
    I say that to my preschoolers at work. "Patience, young grasshopper."
    12-05-2019 07:27 PM
    I can get some like if you are switching from Apple to Android, or maybe an article on how to get by if you have an Android for personal use and you work for a company that forces you to use Apple. But the ones you posted? No...it seems a little extreme.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-08-2019 09:05 PM
    Whoever is operating the AC Twitter profile is officially losing it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-09-2019 05:03 PM
65 123