kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow... smoking deal. This is the SD2100 correct?

Yes, correct -- it was released just before the SD3100 came out.

My daily driver watch is a Michael Kors Access Grayson, which has the same specs. I like it, although it can still be pretty laggy. I think I'll appreciate being able to pay using the watch when I get the Falster 2.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Cool... good luck with the falster 2! thats a great price.

my fossil gen4 is on a SD 2100 as well. I honestly don't find it that laggy for basic text and voice notifications. If anything its Verizons spotty coverage that causes the network to lag. So it looks like the watch is at fault, but its really the netowrk (at least for me).

Theres really not much of a difference between the 2100 and 3100.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Theres really not much of a difference between the 2100 and 3100.

Yeah, from what I've read, it's the higher RAM in recent watches that make more of a difference. I think the 3100 is supposed to help primarily with a little better battery life.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I did consider that, but I'm more partial to dress watch style than sport watch. So if I got the Fossil Sport, I'd have to get a new band (I hate silicone bands), which would add a good $20 or more.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Got the watch -- very nice! It's a definite change from the larger size of my MK Access Grayson -- feels nice on the wrist, although my aging eyes do notice the smaller screen size.:p Performance is pretty much the same as the Michael Kors, which is fine, once I got through the whole setup and update process (Wear OS watches can get exceedingly laggy during the process, which certainly doesn't help their review prospects, since that's always the first thing that anyone will experience with the watch). Heart rate monitoring is nice, but I turned off the automatic monitoring feature to save battery. NFC for Google Pay is pretty awesome.

The Milanese loop watch band looks nice, but I would've liked for it to be longer. As it is, I always have to undo the whole thing in order to put the watch and take it off. Overall, though, it was an insane deal for $69. I'm glad I ended up ordering one!

IMG_20200201_104903.jpg

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Nice!!!

Glad you like it. WearOS is really really great when it works, IMHO. I agree, all these watches are too small. I miss that about my moto 360, 46mm. Its screen is slight but noticeably bigger than todays watches.

Iain Johnson1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey I know this thread is old but the watch is on for an insane price right now. I'm coming from a scratched up Fitbit versa 2, any users able to say if it's a good buy for someone looking for a new wearable under £100?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey I know this thread is old but the watch is on for an insane price right now. I'm coming from a scratched up Fitbit versa 2, any users able to say if it's a good buy for someone looking for a new wearable under £100?

I should've updated this thread before -- it turns out that after about 6 months, the back of my Falster 2 popped off, which is apparently a pretty common complaint if you look through reviews on the web. My guess is that they used poor adhesive that tended to weaken with exposure to sweat. After reading the fine print of the warranty, I was afraid Skagen/Fossil wouldn't fix it (the warranty specifically doesn't cover "the case"), but after sending them an email about this, they said they would fix it. So I sent it in and after a few weeks it came back good as new (and so far the back hasn't popped off again).

Another thing that had happened was that the magnetic part of the milanese watchband also fell off -- they fixed that too!

Considering that their brand new stock of watches probably still has a relatively high risk of this defect, I would stay away from the Falster 2. Instead, go for other similar watches, like the Fossil Sport, Misfit Vapor X, or other 4th gen Fossil watches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar