Skype making sound on silent sound profile

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Skype makes a ringing sound when I call somebody in it. The sound comes out of my speakers but my phone is on silent. Like everything is muted but somehow skype makes a sound out of the speakers. I am SO [redacted] off At This is there a solution?

Please help me

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved this to the Skype forum.

Which phone do you have? Are you certain the Silent profile makes everything silent? A long time ago, I had a Droid Incredible, and I made the mistake of turning on the Silent profile when I needed the phone to be completely quiet during a concert. Didn't realize that the Silent profile was only for Media--and so a phone call rang through loud and clear in the middle of the concert.:'(

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lg g4 h815
Yeah I turned Ringtone, touch, media and notifications off/muted. I tested it out a few times and skype would always make sound.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you turn the phone to Vibrate (instead of Silent)? Or are they the same on that phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just reading through this thread again. In your first post, you mentioned that you're hearing the ringing when you're the one making the call (not when someone is calling you). So are you saying that when you hear the other person's line ringing, you hear it come through your phone's main speakers, rather than the earpiece speaker? What about when they answer--is their voice coming over the main speaker or the earpiece speaker?

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Okay. When I call them I hear skype makeing a boop beep boop over and over from the main speakers. And when they answer I hear them through the main speaker.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Skype to test this out. When you're making the call, is the speaker button highlighted? If it's highlighted, then it's playing over speakerphone, and if it's not highlighted, then it should be playing over the earpiece speaker (i.e., more quietly). If it's on speakerphone, making the phone Silent wouldn't affect that, since Silent doesn't affect sounds that are coming over on a phone call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000