The boot animation for the GS2S makes me want to vomit, puke, clean myself up and continue vomit, puke, puke. I followed the root from the link on this forum and it worked perfect, first try.

1.Boot Animation Lite, this failed to change anything too. Loaded the bootanimation from my SD card, it accepted but no change on reboot.
    Market Link

2.Bootanimation Utility: same results as first utility.
    Market Link

3.Searched the device for bootanimation, found one location and attempted to replace with one from the example.
    /system/bin/bootanimation - no change on reboot

From what I can tell the other boot items are in the /system/media directory. The bootsamsung.qmg file seems to start first then transitions to bootsamsungloop.qmg. A search for att from the root also returns nothing, I must be missing a crucial step here and its driving me crazy!!

Side Note: Android vergin, convert from iPhone.
    11-11-2011 01:16 PM
    i hope someone can help us out, i'd love to change mine too, the At&T nonsense is just so ugly
    12-28-2011 01:07 PM
    Read the first page of this thread Boot animation - xda-developers
    There is a ics boot animation in there. Im using it now
    01-09-2012 05:35 PM
    I have only been able to change the boot sound, when I power on my phone on I've got it set to play the " these aren't the droids your looking for" sound clip from starwars. I have been talking with a few dev's over at XDA, I now understand how to change the boot animation, I just got to devote some time tonight to trying it, if I get it working I will pass on the procedure here.
    01-13-2012 04:33 PM
    Any progress on updating the boot animation on the stock rom?
    02-08-2012 10:24 AM