02-07-2012 09:07 AM
26 12
tools
    What are some of the best ROMs right now?

Batterylife is important to me.
    01-09-2012 03:15 PM
    Go to xda and install Red Sonja. The best out there IMO. Be sure to READ the OP.
    01-09-2012 05:17 PM
    is it just me or does it seem very complicated to install red sonja?!?
    01-09-2012 06:31 PM
    The developer for Sonja will have his skyrocket soon and a one flash zip will follow soon. Until then do this

1. Flash the Sonja rom in cwm (nandroid backup first, then wipe data /cash) it will automatically reboot to a black screen. Let it sit for a min then pull batt /reinsert battle and manually boot into recovery.

2. Flash the revert mod. Again it will automatically reboot, but this time the rom will boot up. Once it boots up allow a few minutes and boot back into recovery via advanced power menu.

3.flash step one

4. Flash step two.

Easy as pie.don't be scared just follow the instructions. Make sure all 4zips are on your external SD. Oh ya and don't forget that ever so important NANDROID BACKUP. if you have any more questions lemme know.
    01-09-2012 07:17 PM
    I was easy to flash, of course I had to place zip files on internal SD, since the ported version of CM7 I flashed a few weeks back killed my SD card. I can definitely verify this is a sweet a** rom!
    01-10-2012 11:10 AM
    What are some of the best ROMs right now?

Batterylife is important to me.
    DashGlobal you should also give skyrocket ics 6.5z a try, (I think it was update to 6.6 last night) as of now I'm still using it as my daily driver, red Sonja looks better to me personally, but skyrocket ics is slam packed with some really cool features, like the pull down notification bar has 14 toggles instead of 5, this saves me so much time, and battery useage is good. I'm about to make video walk throughs off both roms, will post them when I'm done.
    01-10-2012 11:31 AM
    what if you dont have an SD card?

Can I still flash these roms?
    01-10-2012 12:02 PM
    Yes, I don't have an SD card either, the skyrocket has an internal SD card that works the same just make sure when you go to flash the rom pick install zip from internal SD.
    01-10-2012 01:25 PM
    Skyicecream 6.6 it awesome! No bugs at all I can find in this latest update, is the real deal, it has the hulu enabled flash player, you can now watch hulu on your skyrocket, it has the sony bravia engine that makes video playback look amazing, it has the new version of the android market, the wifi tether is unlocked, not to mention after you flash this root there are like 28 different add ons you can download and flash to customize your custom rom even more.
    01-10-2012 07:32 PM
    I really like NeXuS. I tried Skyicecream, but i kept getting "force close" errors. Also, NeXuS has probably doubled my battery life. To me, it's the best ROM out right now and the dev (who is 14) has very speedy responses.

I'd definitely give it a shot.
    01-12-2012 07:11 AM
    The only reason you get force close on ics is that you didn't install it properly, trust me I have flashed every rom out there, NeXuS is a nice rom don't get me wrong, but ics 6.8z with faux123's kernel dominates all. And I'm willing to beat a C'note that ics will also double if not triple battery life. Sean, (ics dev) had been banging out updates like every night as well, but to tell you the truth, I'm just waiting on that offical ics 4.0 update to come out, I hear we will be able to get cm9 shortly after, and my friends that is the ultimate rom.
    01-13-2012 04:11 PM
    RedPill Hybrid. I current use it for the Atrix 4G
    01-13-2012 04:12 PM
    I've done full wipe multiple times with ICS. Read guides, consulted with people on XDA-- still get force close errors. It's not something I'm doing, it's the ROM itself. Which is fine, because (personally) ICS looks cheap. NexusMOD 2.0 does all i need it to do and it's nice and clean. I'm getting 24hrs+ with moderate usage, so I'm cool with it.

It's all personal opinion though. I like things clean and symmetrical. ICS looks cluttered and ugly. It is what it is.

Different strokes for different folks.
    01-17-2012 11:04 PM
    I understand, I agree is not the best looking rom out there, but Im more concerned with functionality and performance over looks, personally I think the ICS home launcher that comes on the ics rom is horribly ugly, that's why I use adwEx launcher. I to had many, many issues with force closes, but fixing permissions from rom manager and rebooting always solved my problems, untill I learned this process: I start by doing a factory wipe/reset, then I put my phone in download mode and flash the stock recovery.tar with ODIN(which unroots the phone and returns it to the way it was when I first purchased it), next I reroot it, flash CWM recovery, then I flash the rom, that is a true full wipe. I'm going to take your word on nexusMOD and try it again, maybe I miss judge it. Does this rom get frequent updates? ICS is always getting new updates and optional mod to customize it more. I have added screen shot of my phone running the skyrocket ICS rom, Is this what it looked like on your phone?
    01-18-2012 01:14 PM
    Yeah, that's it. I've seriously had no issues with nexus 2.0. The mod is constantly on the thread and getting input. He's only 14, but he soaks up all the input like a sponge.

The theme he is using in the messages app is beautiful. Don't care for the app drawer or the dock, so i use the twiz launcher.

The menu you get when you hold the lock button is nice as well.
    01-19-2012 11:40 AM
    I noticed Sky ICS (and poss others?) have an LTE toggle. Has anyone had a chance to try this feature out? Did it work okay? Is it buggy? Since this feature was removed in the stock ROM, I'm alittle wary of its reliability.
    01-19-2012 12:35 PM
    I bricked my infuse the other day and didn't have time to install linux and try ot unbrick it so I bought the Skyrocket. This phone is so much better but I'm leary of trying to install a rom now!
    01-19-2012 12:48 PM
    I noticed Sky ICS (and poss others?) have an LTE toggle. Has anyone had a chance to try this feature out? Did it work okay? Is it buggy? Since this feature was removed in the stock ROM, I'm alittle wary of its reliability.
    Nexus has it.. But if you restart your phone, it will go back to default settings. No big deal though, just switch it back.
    jedah likes this.
    01-19-2012 02:52 PM
    The lte toggle on sky ics works fine, but also reset on reboot.
    jedah likes this.
    01-19-2012 04:56 PM
    JD, you ever give nexus 2.0 another shot?
    01-20-2012 04:03 PM
    Yes, I ran it for about 28 hours, which version are you on? I flashed the nexusMod2.0aospUI version and everything ran smoothly, no problems or glitches but it was still a little bland for my taste. I flashed back to sky ics, I like the fact I get nightly updates on ics, and all the mods you can download and add separately for a custom user experience, ics also has a really sweat camera hack, takes higher quality pics and vids and has a higher sampling rate which improves the audio when using the camcorder greatly.
    01-20-2012 11:50 PM
    [ROM][UCKJ2][AOSP Like] NeXusM0Dv2.0 [1/16]

That's the title on XDA. I use the TWLAUNCHER because i don't like the dock and the vertical scrolling app drawer. He's going to be adding the stock battery soon, so I'm excited for that. He has said that he tries not to update every 24 hours, but when he has enough for a full wipe (which I appreciate).

I may try ICS again, i just don't care for all the neon colors and all that. If rather not update every night though.. AND i can't run beautiful widgets with ICS. Force close every time.
    01-21-2012 07:01 AM
    [ROM][UCKJ2][AOSP Like] NeXusM0Dv2.0 [1/16]

That's the title on XDA. I use the TWLAUNCHER because i don't like the dock and the vertical scrolling app drawer. He's going to be adding the stock battery soon, so I'm excited for that. He has said that he tries not to update every 24 hours, but when he has enough for a full wipe (which I appreciate).

I may try ICS again, i just don't care for all the neon colors and all that. If rather not update every night though.. AND i can't run beautiful widgets with ICS. Force close every time.
    How much different is it from stock?
    Im currently running rooted stock rom and so far it suits my needs.
    I considered the Sky ICS Rom but the constant *update is a little turn off. I appreciate all the dev's work though.
    01-24-2012 10:03 AM
    You can still use touch wiz launcher.
    01-24-2012 10:22 AM
    Does anyone know of a "Safe List" of bloat that can be removed? Just rooted and would like to clean this thing up a little, but I don't want to spend all day re-installing .apk's. Thanks in advance!
    02-04-2012 11:56 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD