overclocking?

davebmx05

May 16, 2011
Visit site
im a noob but catching on quick. i have a skyrocket i want to overclock some but i dont want to get dangerous with it if anyone can help me please

trinikartel86

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running mine at 1.7ghz no sweat and I see there's now one that pushes to 1.8ghz. Check out the xda skyrocket android development forum for the appropriate kernel and instructions

hint: [KERNEL] AT&T/Rogers dag .42 1.83GHzOC/UV/init.d/BFQ/BLN/FUSE/adb root/optimized

**At YOUR OWN RISK**
*I am not responsible for any device damage or malfunctions*

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Please clarify but if Samsung is like any manufacture, they under clock the phone to "save" on battery life. It helps that the skyrocket processor is a Qualcomm S3 which is a dual core A8. It is theoretically the same processor on the DesireHD times two. Although it is a extremely inefficient design, it allows the skyrocket to be overclocked at about 100% faster without burnout. If you were to overclock it over 50% nomal clock speed it would significantly lower your battery life when doing constant activity. I recommended you to overclock to around 1.8 GHz for long battery life and increased performance. Although I have a Desirehd, like I said the processor on the skyrocket is my processor times two. If you want more significant performance you can overclock the Adreno GPU but that seems to vary between different device whether you can overclock the GPU. Information was from personal experience and of course XDA. I going to add that the Adreno 220 GPU is clocked at around 330 MHz and a multicore design. Although I said it was my phone processor times two it doesn't mean the skyrocket is skyrockets faster then my phone. :D

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure our processor is slightly overclocked by Samsung already as the A8 usually runs from 600mhz to over 1ghz like in our Skyrockets. But like Robo just said, it can still be overclocked safely to 1.8ghz with no problems.

See what clock speed works best for you. I'm a little conservative on the matter haha I keep mine at 1.6ghz cuz my phone gets hotter than hell when above 1.7ghz :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon