Texting issue

synweaver86

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I don't come on here to post much but I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I traded my iPhone for the Skyrocket and it was rooted and has the Nexusmod ICS Zero rom, which makes my phone run version 4.0.3. Now, I really don't know much about rooting and adding/removing roms because it's a lot different than jailbreaking.
So, my issue is this... I'm not really into the stock messaging app. I really want a quick reply box that pops up with gosmspro because I get a lot of texts and I don't want to keep have to opening the messaging app to see my new messages. Whenever I download a 3rd party texting app like Gosmspro, Pansi, Handcent, etc... incoming texts don't actually come through.
For example, my girlfriend might send me a text during the night while I'm asleep. Instead of me waking up and checking my phone and seeing a text there, I won't have any notification or indication that I received a text. Then, I'll open gosmspro (or whatever app) and then they will all pop up at once and notify me that I got new texts even though they were sent hours before.
Why are texts not coming through my 3rd party sms apps? Does this have anything to do with Superuser? I don't really know much about what that is but I was never asked to have any of the texting apps have superuser permissions. Is this just a glitch with the rom I'm running?
The thing is, I don't know anything about removing the nexusmod that I have now. I don't know how to upgrade the rom if there were any new updates or patches. I don't even know how to unroot my phone (I'm sure I can google it though). I'm just not really a hacker in any way. I could really use someone's help with this. I really want to use gosmspro.

Thanks!