I've rooted my Captivate once before using Odin before. Now I can't get my SR to be rooted. I'm using SuperOneClick and followed instructions and it just doesn't seem to work. My computer says program not responding. This is how far I get.

06-14-2012 04:23 PM
    How long did you give it to root? There are several pauses where nothing seems to happen. The script on the right side looks correct, but there are quite a few steps after those.
    06-14-2012 07:38 PM
    How long did you give it to root? There are several pauses where nothing seems to happen. The script on the right side looks correct, but there are quite a few steps after those.
    A few minutes. I think a pause and the program 'not responding' are two different things!
    06-15-2012 09:09 AM
    You are correct about the pause and not responding. Problem is that with windows os, if the software is doing a background process and you click anywhere in the app box, like trying to move it on your screen, it will often give you a "program not responding" message. Not sure that is what is happening with yours, but you might give one click one more try and give it a little more time to complete. I seem to remember that there are a few pauses of 40 seconds or more. Good luck.
    06-15-2012 05:51 PM
    thanks you very much! Hope all goes well.
    06-15-2012 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD